Slow phone/Notification issue?

JoeyYola

Jan 31, 2015
Visit site
A couple weeks before the new update to Lollipop my phone (Galaxy s5) just seemed to be sluggish (i.e apps opening/loading slow even phone/messaging). Also not getting notifications for hours after I should have. Idk if the notification thing is an Internet connection issue or not, but I've had the same Internet and before a couple weeks ago everything was fine.

P.S I am getting email and text notifications but like game notifications and social media are the ones that are delayed.

Any help is appreciated!

Posted via the Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
P.S I am getting email and text notifications but like game notifications and social media are the ones that are delayed.
Since email is working, your phone and internet setup (modem, router) is working. If your game notifications are showing up late it could be the game app or it could be your internet provider. How is the game itself - does it take a long time to connect? Then I'd check with tech support at your internet service provider. See if they have a bad path to the game server. If not, email the app developer. Getting a new update that's buggy, or not getting an update to match the changes at the server, can cause slow response.

As for the phone and messaging being slow, boot to recovery (from power off - volume up+home+power until you see the little blue text in the upper-left corner of the screen) and wipe system cache. DO NOT do a factory reset. Clearing the cache clears out unused garbage, a system reset wipes out all your data, downloaded apps, etc. Big difference.

Then hold the power button until the phone restarts. Go to Settings/General/Storage (just keep scrolling down in Lollipop), wait until all the "calculating" is done, then tap cache. Clear it.

Now see if things are a little snappier.

JoeyYola

Jan 31, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestion! Things do seem to move a lot smoother. The notifications are still late but it might just be my Internet, thanks for the help!

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz