Samsung galaxy S3 Charges slow, drains fast.

aironaskelpsa

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
Hello, yesterday i bought original new battery, for my phone. Just in the store i put it in my phone and it was about 52%, it lasted really long (about 12hours) with alot of usage. (games, browsing, etc.) Then i put it to charge at 5% and gone to sleep. I woke up after about 6 hours of charging, and it was 47%, then after 1 hour 40minutes without no usage it was 72%. Then i was going to school (40 mins) while listening to music with very low sound and it drained to 54%. Please help, and give me some tips what to do, because this isnt normal I think. Btw I am using original charger.

EDIT.
By the way, I rooted my phone yesterday, so this may be a problem?

Posted via the Android Central App

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
There are several issues.

First, what do your battery stats show to be the main users of charge?

Second, are you sure that the charger is good, and that the USB lead and USB port are clean and undamaged?

Third, routinely discharging a battery much below about 40% - and the 5% you quote is very much below it - before recharging is not good practice. Check this guide by Rukbat:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...e-care-feeding-lithium-polymer-batteries.html

On the relevance to your battery life of having just rooted, I have no knowledge....but I'll pass that on to others, who may know.

Edit: Having done that, the answer from the knowledgeable ones is No, the rooting is not relevant.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463