Got stuck in android recovery system, with the error total xfer:0.00?!

A

AC Question

I there. I´ve got a 2012 Nexus 7. Brilliant gadget, by the way.
With the new android update 5.1 my Nexus freezed a lot and i did a soft-reset.
When the green android logo appeared with the information "deleting" it went wrong and stopped and the logo went sideways an a red exclamation point appeared.
I went to Android system recovery but everything i did went wrong, everything failed.
So i copy a image of android and did a "apply update from adb", i got de ADB and fastboot and the image , same directory, usb drivers checked and did the command "ADB sideload file.tgz".
But than the message appears :"Total xfer:0.00x".
So i´m stuck here with a tablet and dont know what to do more.
What should i do?

Thanks for everything,

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I there. I´ve got a 2012 Nexus 7. Brilliant gadget, by the way.
With the new android update 5.1 my Nexus freezed a lot and i did a soft-reset.
When the green android logo appeared with the information "deleting" it went wrong and stopped and the logo went sideways an a red exclamation point appeared.
I went to Android system recovery but everything i did went wrong, everything failed.
So i copy a image of android and did a "apply update from adb", i got de ADB and fastboot and the image , same directory, usb drivers checked and did the command "ADB sideload file.tgz".
But than the message appears :"Total xfer:0.00x".
So i´m stuck here with a tablet and dont know what to do more.
What should i do?

Thanks for everything,
You may need to contact Google for assistance since this seems to have happened while you were updating. Have you contacted them for support on this yet? If you didn't purchase the device through Google Play then you will need to contact Asus for service.