How can I stop the keyboard disappearing on my phone???

A

AC Question

I have a Sony Xperia SP. Recently (in the last 2 or three months really), the keyboard has disappeared when typing - taking up to about 15 seconds of repeated tapping to get it up again, or hasn't come up at all when I tap on a field to enter text. It has now become such an issue that I can't input text without extreme effort about half of the time. The problem is particularly bad in Snapchat and Chrome.

I have had no luck whatsoever with any of the other suggested methods on related posts about this issue. I have cleared the cache of every keyboard-related app I can find, I have downloaded the Google keyboard to replace the stock one, checked that I have all the latest system updates, and changed all the settings I can think of.

Please can I have some suggestions on how to fix this issue, because it's getting to the stage where I may crush my phone out of frustration.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Welcome as a new member. :)

Do you mean that the problem returned while you were still in Safe Mode, or after you'd left it? I suggested Safe Mode originally because I thought some third-party app might be causing the trouble.

Posted via the Android Central App

CountryGrl24

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
I am also new to this forum but I signed up because of the same issue. My phone just started to basicly do what it wanted to do. When I tried to pull up my keyboard, I'd type one letter and the keyboard would disappear, and it would forclose any app that I was in...YouTube, Browser, messaging, well anything that required use of my keyboard. I couldn't even dial numbers to make a phone call. It would do the exact same thing as the keyboard, just disappear. I tried all of the usual fixes, clearing caches, hard reset, factory reset, force stop...etc etc. I found a solution that worked for me. I can use my phone keys and my keyboard to type now. I'm not saying that it is a permanemt fix, but it's working for me. So if it could help someone else, well then I definitely want to share. It will at least let you type on your keyboard. I went into the Google Play Store and I didn't type anything but just looked around until I found Go Keyboard. I downloaded it and switched my keyboard over to the go keyboard and it's 100 percent working for me. I can even dial phone numbers too. I suppose there's a pro and a con to downloading the app. The con being it will take up space in your phone, but the pro is that you can actually downloaded different keyboard themes. Its pretty cool. Hope it works!!