Should I keep My Verizon Unlimited Data Plans?

mzdrati

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I manage a 4-line Verizon plan. 1400 shared minutes, $10 per line for 1000 text messages on 3 of the 4 lines (one of the lines does not use text messaging), 2 lines have the old grandfathered unlimited data, and 2 have a 2GB plan.

Collectively per month we use 4 or 5 GB of Data on average, and rarely go over our voice minutes, but our bill would be $35 per month less if we changed from unlimited to one of the new family share plans that has unlimited voice and text, and 6GB of data to share. Am I crazy to consider this switch? I have held onto the unlimited lines since they are no longer available, but our current usage doesn't really warrant it. Still- I like the fact that I never have to think about the data I use and can stream movies on trips for the kids, stream music via Google Music etc.

Any advice would be welcomed.

DenverRalphy

Retired Network Mod
May 11, 2010
Visit site
My situation was almost identical to yours.I tracked the family's bills for several months and realized nobody every went over 2GB per month. Mainly because where I live, there's WiFi access virtually everywhere I go. I knew I was sacrificing the ability to stream movies or music willy nilly on road trips, but that was mitigated somewhat by being able to save Google Music tracks on each device for offline play, so really only lost the ability to stream movies outside of wifi. However, I seem to recall that VZW has some pre-paid mobile hotspot plans for like $90 for 10GB. So if your road trips are less often than every 3 months, you're still saving money. That's not accounting for how much the hotspot device costs though. I'd recommend calling VZW and see what they have to offer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12