Hi,

Newbie here, looking for assistance please.

I am trying to sync my S Planner with Google Calander, working on an i9192, with 4.2 operating system. My Google account is set up and calander appears to be working fine, when accessed via the web (i.e. I can view it, create a new entry in it etc.).

My S Planner on the handset is not uploading appointments and syncing with my Google Calander account. I have been through the steps on Google and think I have followed everything correctly (sorry I can't provide relevant links until I've 10 posts here).

I have the phone set to sync automatically and have even elected to press the sync option manually a few times, to try and test it but while it appears to be doing something each time, no joy with appointments carrying over to Google Calander.

For info - I have successfully linked my wife's diary (who also uses S Planner / Google Calander on an i9190, so that her diary copies via Google Calander onto my S Planner on my phone (but I cannot reciprocate, despite permissions granted via Google Calander).

Ultimately, I fear I've made a stupid mistake with the set up on my handset, but sadly can't find where I've gone wrong.

Can anyone assist please ?

Many thanks

Garrett
    03-20-2015 04:43 PM
    If you open the S-Planner settings is there something there that allows you to enable Google Calendar? If there is and you have not checked it, then check it and see if that helps.

I've read a few threads and the issue seems to be not having Google calendar checked.
    03-20-2015 06:11 PM
    It seems odd that Samsung planner won't sync wth your S4 Mini, have you tried deleting your Google Accounts (not hard resetting . . . yet) but just your google id so the accounts are gone and doing a soft reset, pull battery and boot up. Then try to add your credentials again. I have used the S Planner in the past and it has worked for me. Have you also considered Google Calendar or did you want certain features S Planner offers?
    03-20-2015 06:15 PM
    If you open the S-Planner settings is there something there that allows you to enable Google Calendar? If there is and you have not checked it, then check it and see if that helps.

I've read a few threads and the issue seems to be not having Google calendar checked.
    Hi,

Thank you for the reply.

I have gone into S Planner / Settings / Calendars (which allows you to add accounts - S Planner, Google address, My Calanders, My Tasks, Samsung Calendar & Samsung Tasks already listed). The only option is to edit (add / remove from that list). Nothing else visible in terms of giving Google Calandar "permission" unfortunitely.
    03-20-2015 07:42 PM
    ... have you tried deleting your Google Accounts (not hard resetting . . . yet) but just your google id so the accounts are gone and doing a soft reset, pull battery and boot up. Then try to add your credentials again.
    Hi,

Thank you for the reply. The straight answer is no, I have not tried that for fear of losing personal data saved on the S Planner etc.

I might have a go at it over the weekend, once I've got a decent nights sleep and a good cup of coffee into me, so I am paying full attention to what I'm doing. Suffice to say, there are also limits to my technical abilities, so don't want to mess something up if I give this a go. Any notable risks ?

...Have you also considered Google Calendar or did you want certain features S Planner offers?
    To be honest, I started using S Planner a few months ago, when I first bought the phone (purchased unlocked, new, but online.. so can't just walk back into the outlet and beg the staff to sort me out). At this stage, I have a lot of detailed information in S Planner, scheduled a few months out, some birthdays on repeat etc. Thats why I would like to stick with it, rather than swap over to Google etc. if possible.

The most frustrating thing of it all is, my wife has successfully "linked" her S Planner with her Google Calender, so more evidence to support your own comment that it does work. I've tried copying the settings on her phone and Google Account, but nothing appeared to be different (other than some minor differences in menu, given we've two different models of the S4mini and her's is locked down to an individual network, where it was purchased).
    03-20-2015 07:52 PM
    S-Planner is just a calendar display app. It can display Samsung Calendar, My (device to Kies only) calendar, and Google Calendar, as well as others like Outlook. com - all with / without birthdays, holidays etc.

You are having difficulty syncing Google events from your phone device to your Google account calendar on the web.
    You would have the same issue on the Google Calendar app, which btw will have Samsung's Calendar and My Calendar.

(With a Note 3 I have become keen on the new Google Calendar app, and I used to hate anything Google, except Android!)

As it happens there has been a problem reported by many running Samsung devices on older platforms not syncing Google Calendar correctly and Google are aware of it.
    Ambassadors B. Diddy was trying to get to the bottom of it.

Thread links to follow:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho...d.php?t=501297

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho...d.php?t=501730

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho....php?p=4280744
    03-20-2015 10:36 PM
    Go into the individual event. The details in mine state that is entered in "My Calendar". Edit the event, choose "All events in series" if appropriate, click on "Calendar" near the top of the event, then select the appropriate calendar from the options provided. Once you have set up each event you want to save you can sync everything from one device to another.
    11-06-2015 11:36 PM
    if you don't have a proper answer then please don't reply.
    03-01-2016 04:34 PM
    We spent days trying to work out why after updating to Marshmallow new events would not update to splanner or google calendar. We took the plunge and backed up the data on the mobile (Note Edge) using Samsung Kies, factory reset then restored the data. Back up and restore using samsung kies is really simple.

All previous events and new events started synching! YAY. Am hoping it will stay that way....
    10-15-2016 05:57 AM
    I downloaded Google Calendar from the Play Store.

I also noticed that when comparing my Gmail calendar with S Planner there was a mutual appointment between them but I do not remember entering it in Gmail, but it was recent.

It looks as though when you go to book a new event in S Planner you have the option to choose which Calendar it will be saved to. By default i think it's My Calendar, but there's the option to save the entry to Google instead or Samsung account.

I saved my next few entries this way and they instantaneously appeared in my Gmail account calendar on my computer.
    11-11-2016 03:29 PM
    (ignore this - moved to new thread)
    06-26-2017 02:40 PM
    I have a new problem in that S Planner shows a blue line and when I click on it the details as shown in the Google Calendar appear. I have checked all the settings but without any success.
    12-19-2017 03:19 AM