S3 I9300 security information notifications

A

AC Question

So I just purchased 2 Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 AT&T new unlocked phones from Ebay. We are with StraightTalk and have already gotten the correct SIM cards from them. They have already transfered our #'s to these phones from our previous phones with them, but calls end in mid dial, calls don't come thru, email makes it, but texts will go only about 50% of the time, wifi works fine. There is a Security Information Notification stating: "The device has detected an application attempting to perform actions that are not permitted" which appears continually! AT&T appears in upper lefthand corner then goes off, then back on, etc. with full signal.

StraightTalk says their end looks fine. Said I needed to take out the battery and SIM card without powering down then reinsert them. Try to make a call, blah, blah, blah. Since I am here, that obviously didn't work. Seller on EBay will not talk to the consumer about technical issues and I have been searching the internet for 4 days trying to resolve this issue. I am about to go crazy over here!!

Is it possible for a device to be partially unlocked but not completely? Any suggestions?

Thanks In Advance!

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 continual Security Information Notifications---useless as phone

So I just purchased 2 Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 AT&T new unlocked phones from Ebay. We are with StraightTalk and have already gotten the correct SIM cards from them. They have already transfered our #'s to these phones from our previous phones with them, but calls end in mid dial, calls don't come thru, email makes it, but texts will go only about 50% of the time, wifi works fine. There is a Security Information Notification stating: "The device has detected an application attempting to perform actions that are not permitted" which appears continually! AT&T appears in upper lefthand corner then goes off, then back on, etc. with full signal.

StraightTalk says their end looks fine. Said I needed to take out the battery and SIM card without powering down then reinsert them. Try to make a call, blah, blah, blah. Since I am here, that obviously didn't work. Seller on EBay will not talk to the consumer about technical issues and I have been searching the internet for 4 days trying to resolve this issue. I am about to go crazy over here!!

Is it possible for a device to be partially unlocked but not completely? Any suggestions?

Thanks In Advance!
Could you take a screen shot of the notification when it pops-up? Also, when you received the device did you perform a factory reset to clear out any items that may have been leftover from the seller?

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 continual Security Information Notifications---useless as phone

Also have you run any software updates that AT&T would offer for the phone, if its possible. Factory reset is the best first step, you may also need to invoke a return to the seller. Was this a new sealed in box or used/refurb phone?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol