03-26-2015 09:04 PM
29 12
tools
    My android tablet's os is version 4.4.2. I got 512 mb ram cortex a8 processor 800x480 res

When i first got my device, I unboxed it, turned it on and loaded fruit ninja. Then, it crashed and I wondered why. I left it to charge and then used it when i came back a hour or 2 later

I have been having this issue for months now. Randomly, every once in a while, my tablet get a little bit hot and freezes. This usually happens when i am playing a game.

When I am using my tablet in bed, it especially overheats then idk why. Maybe because it not getting any circulation or airflow with the blanket covered over it

If you need anymore info please ask.

Also, I tried a factory reset ALSO MY TABLET IS ROOTED I GOT SUPERSU

My tablet is a very unpopular one so I am not sure if you guys can help me
    03-23-2015 03:12 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! My guess is that it's getting too hot, then shutting down to protect itself. The overheating may be due to your games being too taxing for the relatively underpowered hardware, and using it under your blanket could very well make the overheating worse.

Another possibility is a corrupt file on an SD card--do you have a card inserted? If so, unmount it in Settings>Storage, then remove it and reboot, and see if the overheating and crashing recurs.
    03-23-2015 04:10 PM
    Wow you guys are great thanks for the quick response!

I tried the above method and now I am just waiting to see if the issue occurs again.

Also, just to be clear you meant my micro SD card right?

Another thing do I have to keep it out forever because I use it to hold all my obb game data. My tablet has 1.12 GB on the internal storage and .90 I think of the tablet storage.

Thanks for the reply!!
    03-24-2015 05:24 AM
    Yes, the microSD card. Removing it is more of a test. If the overheating stops, then it likely had something to do with the card.
    03-24-2015 09:45 AM
    I just came back from school so I am going to charge it to 100% then use it all day and in bed too and if it doesnt overheat then I know that it was my microsd card and the issue is fixed.

I just hope its not the 16gb c4 microsd card because thats where i store all my obb data and I also use the app called roehsoft ram expander. Anyways, if the micro sd card was the issue and my tablet doesnt crash anymore, i wont care about any of these minus effects i just want my tablet to not crash while im gaming and stuff. sorry for my bad english im in a rush

Thanks
    03-24-2015 02:27 PM
    I will give this until the end of the week if it doesnt crash then i know the issue is totally fixed
    03-24-2015 02:28 PM
    Also, could u explain what my sd ard has to do with anything because i no offense im not trying to question u or anything sorry for my english im rushing

please expalin elaborate thanks

sorry for my terrible grammer puncutation
    03-24-2015 02:29 PM
    If an SD card has a corrupt file (usually a media file), then the system's Media Scanner can get stuck scanning that file. This causes the CPU usage to skyrocket, and can cause overheating and battery drain. It's also possible that if one of your .obb files is corrupt, the associated game might exhibit performance issues along with CPU overusage (which also contributes to overheating and battery drain).
    03-24-2015 02:42 PM
    Also, you mentioned that i had underpowered hardware, is there anyway I could fix this without paying any money? Could i use like apps and such? I have underclocked my tablet in the past and that seemed to help. I got a Dual-core a23 processor 512 mb ram It also said cortex a8 on the box.....Im not sure what all of this stuff is im not that much of an expert as you guys
    03-24-2015 02:44 PM
    I dont use my sd for music i use it with this app called foldermount and it puts the obb files on the micro sd card and u can run the apps just fine with the data on the sd card. Im sure u already know all this stuff anyways. Ithe stuff i had on the sd card was the swapfile for ram expander, a cso file, a psp folder for ppsspp, and various empty folders
    03-24-2015 02:47 PM
    Also, you mentioned that i had underpowered hardware, is there anyway I could fix this without paying any money?
    The only way to "Fix" it is to buy a tablet with more power.

I have underclocked my tablet in the past and that seemed to help.
    That keeps it from crashing, and saves battery power (that's all power-save does - it keeps the maximum clock speed lower), but it won't fix the problem of the tablet not having enough power to run a game, it'll make it even lower powered.

I got a Dual-core a23 processor 512 mb ram It also said cortex a8 on the box.....Im not sure what all of this stuff is im not that much of an expert as you guys
    It's a small amount of RAM (Cuurrent devices have 2GB or more, and that's what current apps are written for).

The problem with the SD card is usually buying a cheap one. Buy a SanDisk card and if there's a problem with it, you go to their site, open a chat, and they send you a new card. (Not that in all the years of buying SanDisk cards I ever had one go bad, but I've had chat and email correspondence with them, and they're a great company if you have to talk to them. They fake caring so well that you think they really do care. [I'm joking - no one can fake it that well - they care if their customers aren't satisfied. VERY rare these days for a company with more than 5 employees.])
    03-24-2015 03:01 PM
    Thanks for the response. I guess I better make do with this device until my mom decideds to buy me a new device.

Also, I have a few questions:
    1. Do ram expanders really work?
    2. Is my cpu defective or something? I find it hard to believe that others have cheaper tablets than I and they have no issues. I have another broken tablet with the same proccessor as I a23. IS there anyway I could take the cpu and stuff im not an expert from that one and put it in mine? I am probly not going to do it I am just wondering
    3. Why does my tablet has so little space? I got 1.12 gb total on internal storage .98 on tablet storage and i cant even download asphalt 8 I might not even be able to play it thought because of my suckish tablet

Thanks......
    03-24-2015 03:11 PM
    Oh gosh my tablet just crashed again! all I did was unpug the device, turn it on then i opened clean master gamebooster then it froze. The screen is completely unresponsive and I have to hold the power button to restart the device. Please help me fix this issue google failed me and I am tired of this its been happening for months! Ill screenshot you my device info if you guys want

I really a just want to throw this device in the trash and buy a better one but I cant
    03-24-2015 03:28 PM
    You have quite a few apps that could be destabilizing the system, like your RAM expander (have no idea if those are of any benefit) and the CleanMaster app (some on these forums consider CleanMaster almost as bad as malware, considering the questionable things it does to "boost performance" as well as the unwanted popups.

Apart from that, your tablet is still considered an off-brand device, and as a general rule, these kinds of devices have a higher rate of faulty hardware and/or glitchy firmware. The best I can suggest at this point is to start from scratch--do a factory reset, and avoid installing these system-tinkering apps. You'll have to grit your teeth and bear with the low internal storage.
    03-24-2015 04:45 PM
    Thanks B.Diddy, I will defenityle take your advice. Imma do a fac reset right now. I wont download any boosters or any of that stuff. I will monitor my device and see how it performs without all of these apps. Also, do i still need to leave the sd card out? Ialso heard that you could increase your internal space with u have an sdcard. I used the aparted app once and it broke my sd card but I fixed it again. it kept saying 200 mb when i had about 13gb-15 i think. Anyways, imma do a fac reset now, i just wish my tablet stopped crashing, then i would be the happiest guy on earth. I have no money to buy anymore android devices, im stuck with this one forever. I already took a big risk rooting it and I dont want all of that hard work to be for nothing because my tablet deciedes to crash at the most inconvenient times.

Thanks, sorry for the long, dramatic post
    03-24-2015 04:57 PM
    Insert the SD card into your computer and run chkdsk to see if there are any bad sectors: http://forums.androidcentral.com/amb...d-sd-card.html. If it's error-free, then reformat it, and go ahead and keep using it. If there are any errors, then you could try to fix them, but it might be worth starting fresh with a new SD card as well.
    03-24-2015 05:02 PM
    I have a very old dell laptop which has no slots or anything for sd cards. IS there anyway I could plug in my tablet to my laptop and perform this task?
    03-24-2015 05:08 PM
    Also, is it okay if i download watchdog? I like reading about android stuff and I heard alot of good things about it. Ik its not a booster or anything but I am just wondering if its safe to download.
    03-24-2015 05:20 PM
    Also, it it safe to flash a custom rom like cynagen to my device? I am not sure if I want to do this because my device is extremely unpopular but alot of people said that its great for weaker devices like mine. I am not sure if I want to do this but maybe I will, im not sure. I cant even find anything for my device though so I dont think I will

Sorry for all these posts, Thanks
    03-24-2015 05:27 PM
    Also, is it okay if I use a different auncher other than the stock one? Like nova launcher for example
    03-24-2015 05:48 PM
    Also, is it okay to update google play services? my facctory version is old and it prompts me to update it when i load clash of clans.

Sorry for all the questions this is the last one
    03-24-2015 05:51 PM
    You can get an SD reader that plugs into a USB port.

Sorry, I don't know anything about Watchdog, and I don't have experience rooting.

Alternate launchers are always safe to use, and are one of the fun advantages of Android over other platforms.

You should allow Google Play Services to update, since it is integral to the function of many Google apps
    03-25-2015 01:21 AM
    I cant get an sd reader so i guess I just wont use my sd card. Maybe i will find another one around my house.

Ever since i did a fac reset and stayed away from harmful apps like cleanmaster my tablet has been running just fine. My tablet isnt overheating and the battery life is great now. The only apps i have installed are clash of clans (great game btw) and the opera browser.

Thanks for all your help guys, you have saved my android
    B. Diddy likes this.
    03-25-2015 05:04 AM
    Also, one one last thing, I did ckhdsk by hooking up my tablet to my laptop and then put in the sd card into my tablet. Is this an alternative to using an sd adapter?

Sorry this is the last question
    03-25-2015 04:24 PM
    I'm not sure if that will work correctly.
    03-25-2015 06:27 PM
29 12