My phone is having problems playing back podcasts regardless of what podcast app I use. Can I get some help with this issue?

A

AC Question

My phone is having problems playing back podcasts regardless of what podcast app I use.

I like to download podcasts via wifi at home and listen in the car.
Lately when I hit play, it stalls 20 seconds then gives an error message. If I hit play again after that, it sometimes works, as long as I let it play all the way through. If I want to rewind or fast forward I get the error again, and it starts (sometimes) from the beginning again.

This started while using Podcast Addict. But I have tried other Podcast apps as well and have had more or less the exact same problems (Antenna Pod for one).

I also tried downloading all codecs with no change.

This makes me think there is a default audio player corruption... (does this make any sense?)

What is the default audio player for podcast apps? Is it possible to reinstall that without a factory reset?

Finally is it possible this is a hardward issue? Is there any way to test this?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: My phone is having problems playing back podcasts regardless of what podcast app I use.

This makes me think there is a default audio player corruption... (does this make any sense?)
No.

What is the default audio player for podcast apps? Is it possible to reinstall that without a factory reset?
Aside from the audio amplifier and speaker (and earphone jack - the speaker connection is controlled by it), and that's common to all audio on the phone, there's nothing.

Finally is it possible this is a hardward issue? Is there any way to test this?
Possibly. But, again, it would be commnon to all audio. There's no "podcast chip" or "podcast firmware" in the phone.

Note the file type of the podcasts you're downloading. Get a player for your PC that plays that kind of file (it could be mp3, which would play on any PC, Mac, Linux or anything by default, since all operating systems include an mp3 player or 2, or it could be some other format). Play the podcast that's giving you the most problems on the PC. If it works, the problem is in the phone, if not it's in the podcast file itself.

Another thought - some phones have problems with audio files on the external SD card, some of them only after a particular Android update. Try putting the files in internal storage.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000