How to recover data from nexus 5 motherboard ?

A

AC Question

my nexus 5 was water damaged recently.And now I am suggested to replace the motherboard.But, I want all my images back. I haven't changed my motherboard yet. What should I do ?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately if your motherboard is damaged, there really is no user-friendly (or even tech-savvy-friendly) way of getting your data out of the device. Did you back up the pictures to a cloud service, perhaps?

rudeguy

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately if your motherboard is damaged, there really is no user-friendly (or even tech-savvy-friendly) way of getting your data out of the device. Did you back up the pictures to a cloud service, perhaps?

Agreed. Try logging into G+ from a PC and see if your pics show up. Its a long shot but it may work.

Otherwise there are some options you can try if your computer still sees your phone. If you plug your phone into your computer, does your computer see it? If it does not and your pics didn't sync, unfortunately there isn't much you can do.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If the phone is water-damaged, the screen is water damaged, the switches are damaged, the ports (microUSB and earphone) are water damaged - in short, anything not plastic is water damaged. So you're going to have to replace everything except non-metallic parts of the frame. That's going to cost more just in labor than a new phone. IOW, your phone is totaled - anyone offering to repair it for you for money is just looking to make money from you - repaired or not, the phone will fail soon. Buy another phone - it's going to be cheaper and it will work. (Read Oh, no! My Phone got Wet!. Use the plastic bag trick if you're going to be near water or out in a heavy rain. Ten cents will keep your phone dry even if you drop it into the ocean.)