I am totally novice to Android anything, can I get some help?

A

AC Question

Totally novice to Android anything!

I have the following: Linux Mint "Rebecca" 17.1 XFCE (Ubuntu 14.04 LTS based)
Linux Xubuntu XFCE 14.04 LTS (Ubuntu based)
XTouch PL73 PhoneTab
Android 4.4.2

I have no clue how to use/run/operate etc. Android and/or the phone tablet. The user guide/instructions that came with the tablet are useless. I cannot find a full, complete guide, manual, etc. about how to use Android. It seems that everything I find is such that you need to already be knowledgeable in some way about using Android.

The instructions about the tablet say nothing about how to open it to change/replace the battery for example. I guess I will have to contact the makers of XTouch about this and other related things related to the phone itself.

I want to be able to ... using Linux ... connect to the Internet using the tablet. I don't know if I need some software/utility to install on the computer to be able to access the tablet; to download and install stuff, etc.

So, I think you can see the dilemma I am in right now. As of now this tablet is nothing more than an expensive paper weight!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Totally novice to Android anything!

Welcome to Android Central! If you're actually running Android, see if this helps: http://forums.androidcentral.com/general-help-how/399060-guide-getting-started-android-2014-a.html

Many devices these days don't have a user-removable battery. For those devices, you either have to send it back to the manufacturer for a battery replacement, or see if a local repair shop will do it. It might be difficult for your device, since it sounds like a pretty uncommon off-brand tablet.

Needsomehelpplease

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
Re: Totally novice to Android anything!

Thanks for the link! It appears (the link) to be much more comprehensive than what I could find browsing the Internet (searching). I'll give it a shot and see what happens. As for connecting the tablet to my computer to utilize the Internet connection on the PC, I guess I will have to contact the appropriate forum regarding connecting, detecting, etc., the tablet via Linux. I suspect I may have to install some additional apps/utills for Linux. As for the tablet ... I will have to connect the "maker". So again ... thanks.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie