Moto X2 Running Hot w/ Rapid Battery Drain

KawaiiKristi

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys, I'm having a problem with my Motorola Moto X 2nd Generation. It first happened on Monday morning, and again this morning. My phone has been running pretty hot (enough to bother me) starting about an hour after unplugging. The battery also starts draining at about 3x the normal rate, and at one point dropping 15% in a minute. I just set up CPU monitoring to see what's going on, but does anyone have any clue what's going on? At this time on Mondays and Wednesdays I'm in a room with poor cellular signal, but it's never been a problem before (I've been in this room for a few hours a day with this phone since November). 6406.jpg Today's battery report.
5391.jpg Mondays.

Posted via the Android Central App

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Bad signal is going to use a lot of battery and your bar is mainly red and yellow. Besides that something is keeping your phone awake almost all the time.

First reboot the phone and see if that helps. Are you using Google now?

KawaiiKristi

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site
Bad signal is going to use a lot of battery and your bar is mainly red and yellow.

Yeah, I knew that, but I've never had an issue in this room. I have classes in it 4 days a week, and my battery life has always been fine...
Besides that something is keeping your phone awake almost all the time.

Yeah I noticed that, Android System is using 8% of my battery, Google App 7%, and Google Services 6%, Google App may be the culprit? It had Keep Awake time of an hour...

First reboot the phone and see if that helps. Are you using Google now?

I rebooted right after posting this is it was better, but I did the same thing on Monday and it was back to this issue today. :/

Posted via the Android Central App

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
What launcher are you using? Stock, Google Now, a custom one? Try to clear the Google app cache first. To do that go to settings, apps, swipe to the "all" tab and scroll down until you find it. Tap on it and select clear cache.

If you're using Google Now disable it and see if that helps.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463