An Unknown App is causing bad call quality, what app and why?

A

AC Question

I have an LG G2 (Sprint), had it since August 2014.

Recently, all of a sudden I've had call quality issues, not hearing the caller on my end, I can hear them clearly, but they can't hear me, or if they do, I was described as sounding like a robot, or in a hole.

It wasn't consistent. But it happen 9 out of 10 times of all calls.

Ive factory reset my phone. Twice.

The first time. The audio worked fine, right after the reset. So the next day I started downloading my apps again....in bunches.... only to be right back to the same issue.

The second time. Was just a few days ago. I took advice Reluctantly, to leave my phone stock for 7 days. Its day 3, and I've had no complaints about audio from callers .....

has any one had a similar problem? Know the app causing such malfunctions?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Sorry to hear you're having issues. Let's try to troubleshoot as best as we can, shall we?
1) Any apps you use come to mind that could be using phone functions? 3rd party dialers? Launchers with a modified dialer? Call recorders? Even data compression apps if you're using WiFi calling?

2) You can always boot your device in Safe Mode. This keeps any 3rd party app from launching at boot (essentially, only system apps are loaded). Here you can try to pinpoint which app is causing issues if you run them one by one and seeing if the issue comes up after a certain app has been run.
Access Safe Mode - LG G2

Christman

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
No other launchers after the first reset. Stayed with the stock launcher. Although i did re-install my favorite dailer, but no call recorders, data compression apps, and no ability to call over WIFI.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
No other launchers after the first reset. Stayed with the stock launcher. Although i did re-install my favorite dailer, but no call recorders, data compression apps, and no ability to call over WIFI.

Not sure if you can do this on the LG but on Samsung you can go into the phone dialer or keypad, go to settings, go to call, and turn off noise reduction. Noise reduction could be bugging out.

Christman

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if you can do this on the LG but on Samsung you can go into the phone dialer or keypad, go to settings, go to call, and turn off noise reduction. Noise reduction could be bugging out.

I don't specifically remember turning that feature on after the first reset. It's not currently on. But I'll leave it On for 24hours and then turn it off for 24 hours for testing of this possible solution.

Christman

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Its been a month now, and it turns out, if I'm correct... the problem stemmed from the Spotify app, the app has been updated, and the issue no longer conflicts with my phone call audio. Thanks for all the help i received.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs