Is there any quick way to transfer calendar events saved to an S3 to an S5?

A

AC Question

I didn't know that saving the calendar events on the S3 to My Calendar meant they wouldn't transfer to my Google calendar. I recently upgraded to an S5 and have dozens of calendar items that won't transfer over. I really don't want to have to manually change each one.

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm, if I understand what you are saying, that when you put something directly on your then S3 they didn't save/sync/upload to Google Calendar?......I use Google calendar and if I put an appointment/event directly on my Note 4, it does save/show when I go to Google calendar on my computer. I also share my calendar and with my husbands Note 2 and his to mine, so any time he puts something on his phone it syncs to mine and Google as well.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I didn't know that saving the calendar events on the S3 to My Calendar meant they wouldn't transfer to my Google calendar. I recently upgraded to an S5 and have dozens of calendar items that won't transfer over. I really don't want to have to manually change each one.

Go in to your Play Store on both devices and download Samsung Smart switch. That will link the phones and move over everything you need.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...om.sec.android.easyMover&hl=en&token=gzIixLC7

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Go in to your Play Store on both devices and download Samsung Smart switch. That will link the phones and move over everything you need.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...om.sec.android.easyMover&hl=en&token=D7nnTbwO
This is a great option to transfer from Samsung to Samsung devices as I used it to go from a Note 2 to a Note 4, but it sounds like the OP is also having an issue with events that they are putting directly on the phone that aren't syncing to Google calendar rather just staying on the device. So while the Smart Switch app should transfer all the calendar events to the new phone.......you still might want to make sure they are syncing to Google so that you don't have to transfer in the future.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
This is a great option to transfer from Samsung to Samsung devices as I used it to go from a Note 2 to a Note 4, but it sounds like the OP is also having an issue with events that they are putting directly on the phone that aren't syncing to Google calendar rather just staying on the device. So while the Smart Switch app should transfer all the calendar events to the new phone.......you still might want to make sure they are syncing to Google so that you don't have to transfer in the future.

I had the same issue a long while ago, you just need to make sure when you make an event to select your Gmail account and not My Calender (this will save to Samsung calendar).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463