Hi AC I'd be eternally grateful to anyone who can help me out with my LG g3. I'm unrooted running stock rom international version I'm not too techie and don't want to root and install other roms I like the multitasking features. My main issue is my phone is HEATING UP real bad and obviously this is causing my battery to drain very quickly I'd be lucky to get 8 hours out of it my usage isn't heavy or resource intense. I have taken this screenshots after taking off the charger about 20 mins later. I use dalvik as my runtime as ART was heating my phone real bad. Also I don't want to upgrade as people at work having done so are facing worse issues. Any help will be greatly appreciated thanks

Posted via the Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails LG g3 battery drain and overheating fix needed-63416.jpg   LG g3 battery drain and overheating fix needed-63417.jpg   LG g3 battery drain and overheating fix needed-63418.jpg   LG g3 battery drain and overheating fix needed-63419.jpg   LG g3 battery drain and overheating fix needed-63420.jpg  

LG g3 battery drain and overheating fix needed-63421.jpg   LG g3 battery drain and overheating fix needed-63422.jpg   LG g3 battery drain and overheating fix needed-63423.jpg   LG g3 battery drain and overheating fix needed-63424.jpg   LG g3 battery drain and overheating fix needed-63425.jpg  

LG g3 battery drain and overheating fix needed-63426.jpg   LG g3 battery drain and overheating fix needed-63427.jpg   LG g3 battery drain and overheating fix needed-63428.jpg  
    03-28-2015 06:13 PM
    I would do the update to the phone and then do a factory reset. Start out fresh on the new version, they may have addressed some of your current issues with the update. Definitely do a factory reset after the update if you decide to do it.
    03-28-2015 06:18 PM
    Hi Andre thanks for your response few reasons that's stopping me from doing that upgrade arms I know I will have to do it someday. 1 is I can't take a screen shot by sliding my finger up to the right side from the home button on kit Kat 2. I won't be able to downgrade if don't like the upgrade. I'm not sure why my phone is heating up or doing that battery drain
    3.Work colleagues have had the same issues after the lollipop upgrade.

Not sure if there are bugs fixed

03-29-2015 04:55 AM
    Are you using an SD card? Some users in the G3 forum long ago found that that caused, or at least seemed to be related to, overheating.

Nosh D likes this.
    03-29-2015 05:55 AM
    Hi Andre thanks for your response few reasons that's stopping me from doing that upgrade arms I know I will have to do it someday. 1 is I can't take a screen shot by sliding my finger up to the right side from the home button on kit Kat 2. I won't be able to downgrade if don't like the upgrade. I'm not sure why my phone is heating up or doing that battery drain
    3.Work colleagues have had the same issues after the lollipop upgrade.

Not sure if there are bugs fixed

Gotcha, well the only other thing I can think of is root your phone and run a app called Geenify. It can work on non rooted phones but the automated app hibernation feature won't work. It automatically hibernates apps and keeps them that way until you open them. I have been running it fot a long while and love it.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...BoS7ggTLiYGwDQ
    Nosh D likes this.
    03-29-2015 07:10 AM
    In my case it's one of the apps that's behaving mad. Could it be facebook

03-29-2015 07:21 PM
    In my case it's one of the apps that's behaving mad. Could it be facebook

Facebook is a battery hog, try uninstalling it and just using FB through your browser for a little while.
    03-30-2015 07:04 AM
    Haven't updated but still heats up

Attached Thumbnails LG g3 battery drain and overheating fix needed-68940.jpg   LG g3 battery drain and overheating fix needed-68939.jpg  
    04-13-2015 09:39 PM
    Hi peeps I'm in Mumbai India for a week and my phone's playing a havoc battery life is 3 hours gets super hot any help?

06-01-2015 09:05 PM