Why are my messages disappearing??

A

AC Question

Hello, so I've been having a couple problems with this phone I just got this new Samsung Note 4 about 2 weeks ago and ever since I updated the new software all my messages are out of order and I'll get a preview of a message and when I go to look at it in my messaging app it's no longer there. This is the third note 4 I've gotten in the past 6 months the other problems I had with the other two phones I was told was a manufacturing problem. I'm really tired of getting a new phone, please help if you can. thanks

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Hello, so I've been having a couple problems with this phone I just got this new Samsung Note 4 about 2 weeks ago and ever since I updated the new software all my messages are out of order and I'll get a preview of a message and when I go to look at it in my messaging app it's no longer there. This is the third note 4 I've gotten in the past 6 months the other problems I had with the other two phones I was told was a manufacturing problem. I'm really tired of getting a new phone, please help if you can. thanks

Did you do a factory reset after the update? A lot of people are having issues after they update to Lollipop. Most issues are fixed after a reset.

Current devices - T-Mobile Galaxy Note 4, Surface Pro 3 Core I5, and Nexus 9

Past Devices - Phones: Nexus 6, Nexus 5, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus S, Galaxy Note 3, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy S5, Galaxy S4, Galaxy S3, Galaxy S2, HTC Incredible, HTC EVO 4G, HTC EVO, HTC Hero, Motorola Photon.

Tablets: Nexus 7 (2013), Nexus 7 (2012), Lenovo Yoga Tablet 2 Windows 8.1, Dell Venue 8, Galaxy Tab Pro, Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition, Galaxy Note 10.1, Galaxy Note 8, Kindle Fire HD 8.4, Kindle Fire HD 7, Kindle Fire, iPad 2, iPad 1, Nook HD, Nook.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I did not but doesn't the factory reset delete everything off your phone?

Unfortunately it does but it also could fix your problem. The lollipop update probably caused some issues do to the fact the update change a lot of things in your OS. Doing a factory reset should put things in order for you. Just my recommendation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech