Why am I unable to email pictures form my photo album?

A

AC Question

problem emailing pictures from my photo folder

I am trying to email pictures from my photo folder on my android to my gmail account, so i can share and upliad them from any device. Yet when i click the share button, select the gmail button, and compose my email it says message sent but i never receive the emails! Any idea why this is happening or a better idea how to do this? I dont have picture text or Google plus so i cant do it that way.
Thnx!

oneeyecarpenter

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
Re: problem emailing pictures from my photo folder

You may want to check setting in gmail app. Find out if you get email updates immediately,or every 6 hours,etc. You can swipe down to refresh and that may cause the emails already sent to be delivered. Also check to see what size of incoming emails are limited to,because the default setting is rather small. There are many good tutorials online if you get stuck.

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
Re: problem emailing pictures from my photo folder

Unless you are using Gmail as POP3 service, that is, as long as Gmail is setup as IMAP service (the default) you should get notification of new mail pushed to you in a few seconds after it's sent. It shouldn't really matter what sync times are set to.

I think oneyecarpenter may be on to something regarding the size of attachments except you didn't mention getting failed sending notices. If the attachments were the problem you should have be sent failure notices.

Something odd is happening. I email stuff to myself and others all the time with no problems. And even if I turn sync completely off I still get notifications pushed to me.

All I can offer at this point is check over your settings. Post back here whether you have Gmail configured as POP3 or IMAP. And if you're seeing any error messages post back with the exact error.

Android since v1.0. Linux user since 2001.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11