my lg g3 is draining while charging. I have had it two weeks now. its the original charger.
    03-29-2015 09:15 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Does the battery icon show a lightning bolt while plugged in? If not, then either the charger or the charging port is faulty. You could try a different charging cable and/or wall charging plug, but considering that the phone is so new, you might just want to bring it back to the store and ask for a replacement.

Are you doing anything processor intensive while plugged in and charging? If you are, then the battery usage might outstrip the charging.
    03-29-2015 09:41 PM
    The phone uses a certain amount of current - how much is determined by what apps it's running, how bright the screen is, how fast the CPU has to run to run those apps, etc. The phone is designed to draw a maximum of some number of mA when charging.

If the current the phone draws from the charger is less than the current the phone is using, not only is there no current left to charge the battery, but the battery has to supply some current to the phone, so it discharges with the charger plugged in - just slower than it would if the charger weren't plugged in. (It's a basic electrical law, known as Kirchoff's Law.) I don't know the G3, but some phones just can't be charged unless they're turned off. Bring the phone into your carrier and see if that's normal for a G3 or if there's something wrong and yours has to be replaced. (Make sure you back everything up first - see Backing up an Android Phone.)
    03-29-2015 11:56 PM
    My LG3 will not charge except with an old Blackberry charger. My dactory charger will not charge it, store bought cgarger will not charge it. Because it shows the lightning bolt when the store near me charges it, they say I just need to use charger correctly. My phone will not keep a charge longer than 2 hours. It literally drains when plugged in now. Any suggestions?
    05-18-2016 10:26 AM
    My LG3 will not charge except with an old Blackberry charger. My dactory charger will not charge it, store bought cgarger will not charge it. Because it shows the lightning bolt when the store near me charges it, they say I just need to use charger correctly. My phone will not keep a charge longer than 2 hours. It literally drains when plugged in now. Any suggestions?
    Mine occasionally gets like this and I have to start uninstalling apps to get it to stop draining. Apps like Snapchat and Facebook seem to be the 2 that usually do the trick.
    07-19-2016 03:13 PM
    I am having the same issue with my Stylo 2 plus, im honestly starting to wonder if these batteries are just crap, I just bought the phone in March of this year, and the battery is already giving me grief, what should I do? it will only charge with a LG charger to a Boost mobile LG Stylo 3. no other charger will work, I am about to send it in to LG for repair, but before I do that I wanted to know what my options are. I do not use my phone while its charging or anything.
    help me out guys.
    07-28-2017 10:57 PM