Solution:
    Check if you have a hidden file named .nomedia (double check also for uppercase name) on device memory (storage folder) and delete.

Go to Settings > Apps -> ALL -< Media Storage. Select Clear data + Clear defaults. Disable the App.

Reboot the device. Now enable again Settings > Apps -> ALL -< Media Storage. Wait a couple of minutes (so it should reindex files). I think all files should be now again in Gallery. Note: Do not try to run any rescan App, just follow the above steps.

It worked. i got my views back in gallery
    sai harshitha likes this.
    08-25-2015 12:02 AM
    The only solution I have found is to go into your pics that are missing, it is usually a data folder, and delete them all from that folder. then when you go back to look at them, they will be there. it happens to me every couple of weeks now, and this always fixes it for me.
    08-25-2015 05:01 PM
    You are more than welcome glad i could help
    10-01-2015 04:59 PM
    I am facing the same issue with my Sony xperia M4 lollipop 5.0. I tried following the steps but couldn't find the .nomedia file in my device. Please help
    10-11-2015 02:56 AM
    Worked for my note 3. Deleted .nomedia folder and .face files. Did a reboot and everything shows in Gallery. Thanks guys
    10-24-2015 11:26 PM
    M facing this prob with my xperia Z with lollipop 5.0.2 os kindly suggest the solution...
    11-10-2015 12:00 AM
    1. There may be more than 1 .nomedia file. If your pictures are in DCIM/Camera, there could be one in DCIM and one in Camera. You'd have to delete them both.

2. If you copy media files to the phone, it doesn't trigger a media scan, so apps aren't aware that you copied them. Either restart the phone or run an app like media.Re.Scan to force a rescan.
    11-10-2015 02:35 AM
    I have the same problem with my LG Tribute. The camera's gallery won't show photos on the SD card. I can find them in a downloaded gallery app, but that's a lot less convenient than using the camera's gallery. Help?
    11-13-2015 10:37 PM
    Same goes for me, same LG phone. I delete the .nomedia file, but it didn't change a thing. I can get a photo to come onto the screen by continually pressing the gallery button, but when I take my hand away, the photo goes. I've been working on this for HOURS. If anyone could help, it would be much appreciated.
    11-13-2015 11:08 PM
    Really glad i helped at least one person. This has been anooying the life out of me for a few month now and finally found a fix. I only signed up to share this so im really happy i have helped
    I have the same problm with my lg g4. What do i do with this?
    03-27-2016 02:41 PM
    Did you try the suggestion in post 16?
    03-27-2016 04:29 PM
    dude thanks a ton ur idea worked.
    04-02-2016 10:32 AM
    ok.. very strange
    04-02-2016 10:33 AM
    Hi all i am using sony xperia z1. I am unable to see d images downloaded n images which comes on whatspp in my gallery but den i am able to see the images in file commander in internal storage i tried doin couple of thngs but still the same. How can i see the downloaded images n whatsapp media [Photo n video]in my gallery. Pls help n revert. Awaiting for ua reply
    04-07-2016 01:11 PM
    I have moto x play and i was having the same problem. .nomedia file deleted and problem solved. Thank you so much.
    04-09-2016 01:12 AM
    Even am facing with the same problem.
    micromax canvas tab
    04-12-2016 12:48 PM
    My device is Lenovo a6000
    Jasmine Galindo likes this.
    04-24-2016 04:47 AM
    My pictures on the drive app and photos app won't let me and I don't no how to move my pics off then and put them in my gallary

My device is Lenovo a6000
    My pictures on the drive app and photos app won't let me and I don't no how to move my pics off then and put them in my gallary
    05-07-2016 01:46 PM
    Jasmine, Gallery shows any pictures that Media Scan picks up on the phone - you don't "move" photos to Gallery, because Gallery has no "place" for photos. Just restart the phone or run an app like media.Re.Scan to rerun the scan.
    05-07-2016 05:37 PM
    You are simply amazing! Thank you so much!!!!
    06-27-2016 09:28 PM
    Solution:
    Check if you have a hidden file named .nomedia (double check also for uppercase name) on device memory (storage folder) and delete.

Go to Settings > Apps -> ALL -< Media Storage. Select Clear data + Clear defaults. Disable the App.

Reboot the device. Now enable again Settings > Apps -> ALL -< Media Storage. Wait a couple of minutes (so it should reindex files). I think all files should be now again in Gallery. Note: Do not try to run any rescan App, just follow the above steps.

It worked. i got my views back in gallery
    I had this problem and followed the solution proposed. It worked ... sort of. All new picture are showing up in device folders. Sadly no old pictures, not even camera pictures are showing up. So there is no reindexing taking place. Any ideas?
    07-13-2016 12:57 PM
    Hi, welcome to the Android Central forum, you haven's mentioned which device you are using, please do so. There is a setting to customize which images should show in your gallery, some devices are easily customizable but others might need you to install an app. Its usually best to have images saved in the SD card to ensure enough space is available on your internal memory. Your phone might be storing images in the SD card because you have limited space or you somehow changed the default gallery path. Let us know the device you are using, then we'll see how we can get you out of this one.
    I have similar problem with my device and I use moto g3. Its also happening with the songs I download. Please help
    09-16-2016 08:04 AM
    This is a very common issue which everyone (including me) at one point in their ownership of any android device. The issue is and it would appear that upon updating to the new Android operating system.. the system sort looses images and date in the shuffle. I'm not sure if in fact the images or date has been removed or simply misplaced.

What I've found when assigning images to my device is that one will have to explore each and ever folder when searching for this lost data etc. I've also found that even though the internal and external storage says it has a Picture or music folder.. the data may have been transfered to the DCIM folder which also contains a music or photo folder and don't ask me why the Android does this..

But be prepared to explore all of your devices folder when the device has been correctly connected to your computer via the USB power cable. Using my tutorial located here:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/gen...ges-music.html

I would hope something is learn once one follows my how to as I was able to locate and create folders within my device. So unless the data/images have actually been removed/deleted from your device.. it might just have been moved to a different folder or location within your device instead.
    09-16-2016 08:13 AM
    I created several albums that now want show up in my photos or gallery can you tell me how to find an get them back?
    12-03-2016 02:03 AM
    What phone?
    What version of android?
    Which carrier?
    Which photo viewing app?
    How did the "albums" just disappear?
    12-03-2016 03:46 PM
52 123