Why does Sony Xperia M Android phone cause my router to switch off the WiFi signal?

A

AC Question

I have a Sony Xperia M (C1905) running Android 4.1.2, Build 15.1.C.2.8. My WiFi router at home is a Mecer E5104N2 router.

Whenever I switch on my WiFi connection on the phone at home, it connects just fine at first and starts receiving some WiFi exclusive information like Facebook notifications (I don't use Facebook on mobile data) and other updates. Then suddenly after a second or two, the router drops the entire WiFi signal completely, all devices that were connected to it lose their connection and the WiFi is completely switched off on the router. This doesn't happen with any other devices, only this new Xperia M.

I can manually switch the router off and then on again and the signal is restored. However, after a period of time, if I have left the mobile phone with its WiFi on, the signal on the router suddenly switches off again.

It's as if the mobile phone or an app on it is causing the router to switch off the WiFi. What could be doing this and why... and how do I stop it from occurring?

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I have a Sony Xperia M (C1905) running Android 4.1.2, Build 15.1.C.2.8. My WiFi router at home is a Mecer E5104N2 router.

Whenever I switch on my WiFi connection on the phone at home, it connects just fine at first and starts receiving some WiFi exclusive information like Facebook notifications (I don't use Facebook on mobile data) and other updates. Then suddenly after a second or two, the router drops the entire WiFi signal completely, all devices that were connected to it lose their connection and the WiFi is completely switched off on the router. This doesn't happen with any other devices, only this new Xperia M.

I can manually switch the router off and then on again and the signal is restored. However, after a period of time, if I have left the mobile phone with its WiFi on, the signal on the router suddenly switches off again.

It's as if the mobile phone or an app on it is causing the router to switch off the WiFi. What could be doing this and why... and how do I stop it from occurring?

Maybe there is something wrong with the phone and it is causing some kind of interference with the router.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12