Recently my downloads have been disappearing from my notification bar but when i check my downloads history it says that its still in progress but nothing happens. The download doesnt move unless i make another download just to get it moving and see it again in the notification panel.
    03-30-2015 09:16 AM
    Recently my downloads have been disappearing from my notification bar but when i check my downloads history it says that its still in progress but nothing happens. The download doesnt move unless i make another download just to get it moving and see it again in the notification panel.
    Is your connection going in and out on your phone?
    pkcable likes this.
    03-30-2015 09:34 AM
    No it doesnt, but even if it did that never happened with my s4 before hand because if my wifi/data does disconnect or dies it would still remain on the notification panel and it would either just be unsuccessful or stop downloading. But never would it just disappear from my notifications and say in the download history that its still in progress.

Heres a screen shot i took earlier. Although now it seems to be fine again.

What could be the possible reasons why that happens?
    Attached Thumbnails Why do my on going downloads disappear from my notification bar?-img_20150330_231648.jpg   Why do my on going downloads disappear from my notification bar?-img_20150330_231533.jpg  
    03-30-2015 11:55 AM
    Could you be running out of space?
    pkcable likes this.
    03-30-2015 12:40 PM
    No, again, this isnt normal. If you dont have any possible solutions or theories on how to help with whats going on its fine. Thanks!
    03-31-2015 12:45 AM
    No, again, this isnt normal. If you dont have any possible solutions or theories on how to help with whats going on its fine. Thanks!
    Just asking questions to have all the facts. When someone calls me for help and ask me why their computer is not powering on I ask is it plugged in? That is not me being funny or saying someone is dumb its called a process of elimination. The cord could not be plugged in all the way and they didn't notice it. You start with the simple solutions and work from there to the harder ones. In your case you could go in settings, application manager, scroll to all, find the download app and clear the data to reset it. See if that fixes it.
    pkcable likes this.
    03-31-2015 08:27 AM
    Yes thanks for helping out with that. I didnt mean to sound arrogant but i did already check the small things involved. Although i really dont know what could be wrong on the technical end of it like with setting or something.

Ok ill give that a try too. So far i'm downloading stuff now and its been good for the past 2 downloads it hasnt disappeared or anything yet so hopefully it stays that way. Thanks for the help i'll lrt you know if it does happen again.
    03-31-2015 11:23 PM
    Oh and also i forgot to tell you that its also not with the download app im using like utorrent or the like. Its with the direct downloads that it happens. Lets say i convert a file from youtube and download it as mp3 or mp4 so i use a 3rd party site to convert the file and download it directly from chrome. Hopefully that helps you eliminate possible problems too. Thanks!
    03-31-2015 11:34 PM
    Is your connection going in and out on your phone?
    Hey i have the same problem what am i supposed to do ? And like him i also dont have those problems but i just cant get it. Wen i download something and it starts to download and to a certain limit and then it disappears and sometime it is completed after sumtime and it shows tgat in the notification panel.
    12-02-2016 12:42 PM
    Why my download disappear after I out from Google crome and I check in history that not have video that I was download it's seen like I that video I download disappear... it only happen if I out from google crome ... if I stay on Google crome... that download working normally... please help me
    02-06-2017 01:39 PM
    Maybe an issue with Mobile Data? You could go in to Chrome settings, go to Settings/Apps/Chrome/DataUsage, then tweak the settings in there, in particular make sure Mobile Data is set to Allowed.
    02-06-2017 01:48 PM
    Why my download disappear after I out from Google crome and I check in history that not have video that I was download it's seen like I that video I download disappear... it only happen if I out from google crome ... if I stay on Google crome... that download working normally... please help me
    Welcome to Android Central! Which device do you have? Do you have any "RAM manager" or task killer apps installed that might be killing Chrome and its processes once you leave it?

When you have a chance, head over to the Intros forum and tell us something about yourself! Introductions - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com
    pkcable likes this.
    02-06-2017 03:32 PM
    I use samsung galaxy j7 ... i donno how to fix it ... please
    02-07-2017 06:54 AM
    Could you answer the questions I asked in my previous post?
    02-07-2017 06:34 PM
    Sounds like English may not be your first language I can try to find someone from your country if you tell me what language you prefer. No promises though. . I have some moderator friends from CrackBerry that are from Asia; Malaysia, Singapore and an Indonesian (who lives in New Zealand) so I might just have someone who speaks your language.
    02-07-2017 09:34 PM
    Im from malaysia... haha sorry I understand about English language but I didn't know how to reply ... I didn't know about my device has something you at your previous message
    02-08-2017 09:00 PM
    I'm not sure bout your phone but miraculously I've fixed the same problem with simply go to developer options and found " Stay awake when phone sleep " and yahh it's done now
    10-13-2017 01:33 PM