Why are SMS notifications when messaging is open ?

A

AC Question

Hello,

I have a motorola moto g 2014 with android lollipop and I use the app called messaging to send and read SMS. When I receive a SMS, the phone vibrates and I get a notification, everything work well. Then I reply to my friend with an SMS.

The problem is that, if my friend reply to my SMS too fast (before my phone return to sleep), the phone doesn't vibrate and I don't get any notification. This is probably because Messaging is still open. Unfortunately, I don't spend my time staring at the phone waiting for an answer so this is annoying.

Does anybody else have this problem ? Is there a way to force the messaging app to vibrate when I receive a message ?

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Welcome.
As far as I know, all Messaging apps do this.
I guess they figure that as you already have the app open, it does not make the ring or vibrate setup you have if a message comes in.

Mav. :cool:

Christian Guy1

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Re: Where are SMS notifications when messaging is open ?

With every Android update, there's good and bad. It's almost like Google is becoming a little developer that doesn't test anything!
With the Lollipop update, it turned off SMS notifications (even though it was checkmarked in Settings).
But okay, got that resolved. But while *in* a text message, if a new one arrives, it's silent.
But like most people I suppose, I may have texted something, put down my phone, and would like a notification! But not if I didn't exit the SMS app first!!! This is just plain lazy testing from Google. If they felt like many people wouldn't want to be notified while still in SMS app, they should have a freaking option to let us decide.
And talking about Android Settings, it's become a complete mess as it's not intuitive. How about typing in a help app, "notifications..." and it gives you all the std app links to Settings that are probable solutions???

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non