How do I get my Navigation to lock on my current position?

A

AC Question

Help, I'm stuck in Huddersfield! Well my Navigation is!

I was driving back from the Lake District the other week and we came through Huddersfield, actually we got a bit lost and spent more time there than planned.

Since then, every once in a while (usually at least once a day) my navigation flashes up saying 15 minutes to Huddersfield. But navigation on my phone is not active and the navigation does't actually appear to be doing anything other than have the notification up.

Any ideas?

Many thanks,
Andy

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: Help, I'm stuck in Huddersfield! Well my Navigation is!

I was driving back from the Lake District the other week and we came through Huddersfield, actually we got a bit lost and spent more time there than planned.

Since then, every once in a while (usually at least once a day) my navigation flashes up saying 15 minutes to Huddersfield. But navigation on my phone is not active and the navigation does't actually appear to be doing anything other than have the notification up.

Any ideas?

Many thanks,
Andy

Give this a try and see if it corrects the issue. You can also go in and try clearing your location history.

https://support.google.com/gmm/answer/3118687?hl=en

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...=APPU_1_Dc4ZVePEJoWxsATRmICADg&token=3OKsmnp7

Shotage

Mar 31, 2015
Visit site

Thank you for your help, but it didn't fix the problem.

I still get Navigation come up several times a day going to the same place, Huddersfield. Except the navigation isn't working, it's like it is randomly just showing me the navigation from one point in time, but it's frozen.

I have deleted location history, firstly from just the day that the navigation appears. Then all of it.
I have installed GPS Fix.

I have re-set the watch.

Still it happens.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thank you.
Andy

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

Run navigation. Long-press the back button to kill the nav app (or use an app killer to kill it - about the only time I advocate using one of those apps).

If that doesn't do it, you may just have to back up your apps and data and reflash the ROM. (See Backing up an Android Phone.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11