HTC M8 Lollipop bugs

A

AC Question

I have HTC one M8, the Lollipop upgrade was forced on me. I want to go back to KitKat. HOW do i do that? Please don't reply and tell me to brick or root or whatever. I don't know what those words even mean. HOW do i root a phone? What will I lose if I do? All my songs? Pics? Apps? Text Messages?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: Does anyone here give advice or just vent?Don't agree with me, HELP ME, please.

I have HTC one M8, the Lollipop upgrade was forced on me. I want to go back to KitKat. HOW do i do that? Please don't reply and tell me to brick or root or whatever. I don't know what those words even mean. HOW do i root a phone? What will I lose if I do? All my songs? Pics? Apps? Text Messages?
Before abandoning Lollipop, how about taking a look at this blog post with some helpful tips to address issues possibly related to an update: Android 5.0 Lollipop bugs got you down? Here's how you (might be able to) fix them | Android Central

Let us know if anything works or if you have any other questions.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
First let me say Welcome to Android Central, I hope you find what you are looking for here and I will try to helpl you as best as I can. I did have the M7 aka HTC One, it was a developer WWE edition so it was easy to root.

So you are new and you don't know what rooting or bricking is. Well Rooting is when you bypass the device security and to gain access to the OS to flash ROM's or add other custom tweaks that were created for your device. Bricking your device means you really messed it up and well restoring is not a simple flip of a switch and will involve serious help.

I would also suggest you cruise on over to the HTC M8 section on AC and familiarize yourself with some of advice offered there.

Here is a good link to help HTC One M8 Rooting, ROMs, & Hacks - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

So you don't like Lollipop and I get that, so you can't go back to KitKat, so what you may be able to do is load a custom ROM based on KitKat and go with that, it will replace your system OS.

Keep in mind if your root, unlock your bootloader, or do anything else like this you will WIPE YOUR DEVICE & LOSE ALL OF YOUR DATA.

That said please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylorhudson5670