How do I UnFlash a Phone?

cnywrestling

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
UnFlash a Phone

Good Afternoon-
A few years ago, I bought an LG G2 on eBay. It was a Sprint phone that I also paid for a remote flashing to PagePlus. Now, I'd like to get the new iPhone, but only if I can get some money back on the G2. If I do a factory reset on the phone, will that remove the flashing to PagePlus and make it a Sprint phone again? That's ultimately what I want. I don't want to sell it with any rooting or flashing or anything out of the ordinary. I would literally like to restore it to a Sprint factory phone so I can sell it in good faith. If a factory reset won't do it, are there any other options?
Thanks very much for your time.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Re: UnFlash a Phone

I would suggest taking it into your local Sprint store and ask them to help you, they should be able to do something (I would hope). I do believe if you factory reset it could do it. But you may need to put in the Sprint Carrier APN settings which is possibly what was done to make it work on PagePlus to begin with. Otherwise someone with some knowledge about flashing the settings can help.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

How did you flash it to Page Plus? I think you're going to have to do the same method but with a Sprint file in order to get it back. That would get rid of any root and modifications to the phone

cnywrestling

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site

How did you flash it to Page Plus? I think you're going to have to do the same method but with a Sprint file in order to get it back. That would get rid of any root and modifications to the phone

Thanks for the replies. I don't know much about that type of thing. I bought a pageplus flashing on ebay for $25. Worked perfectly, but now that I want to sell it, I don't know what to do with it. Flashed phones don't work on PagePlus anymore unless you're grandfathered in like I am now. And I have no idea at all if it will work on Verizon or not.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

Thanks for the replies. I don't know much about that type of thing. I bought a pageplus flashing on ebay for $25. Worked perfectly, but now that I want to sell it, I don't know what to do with it. Flashed phones don't work on PagePlus anymore unless you're grandfathered in like I am now. And I have no idea at all if it will work on Verizon or not.

Hmm. Not exactly sure how that would work since I didn't see it myself. You could try a factory reset and see if that does it. If not you might have to contact the seller on eBay and ask how they did it