How do I change where files get downloaded on my S5?

A

AC Question

My downloaded files (email attachments, .pdf, etc) end up in documents under the my files folder. However this fills up with hundreds of randon .txt files so when I go to look for a word doc I have to scroll through these hundreds of useless .txt files. I have no idea where or what the .txt files are but I erase them sometimes and it does not seem to mess anything up. So I guess my question is how do I direct my files to download somewhere else (ie: a folder I create). Thanks

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
My downloaded files (email attachments, .pdf, etc) end up in documents under the my files folder. However this fills up with hundreds of randon .txt files so when I go to look for a word doc I have to scroll through these hundreds of useless .txt files. I have no idea where or what the .txt files are but I erase them sometimes and it does not seem to mess anything up. So I guess my question is how do I direct my files to download somewhere else (ie: a folder I create). Thanks

How are downloading the files? With the phone browser?

There is an app called ES File Manager that has its own downloader built it. So when you download a file you have the option to pick it. You can go in to ES File Manager settings and change where you want files to download to like your SD Card if you want. You can also use ES File Manager to create folders.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...com.estrongs.android.pop&hl=en&token=ynnEQWsy