After lollipop update, how do you multitask/split screen apps on Note 3?

A

AC Question

I dont see the the sidebar to open up apps in split screen anymore. I can do the popup thing by swiping down. Is split screen not available anymore?

importantconsumer

Jul 4, 2015
Visit site
I have a note 3. Before this shiny new OS that makes everything work slower, even text messages, I used to have split screen functionality. With this new OS, I now get a pop up window which overlays the original open window and is near impossible to resize to a good fit and near useless. Anything I can do to get split screen? Otherwise how do I roll back my OS? I can't perceive a single improvement in functionality.

Arick McNiel-Cho

Jul 24, 2015
Visit site
Read the help for multi view changes. Now to do what you want, just drag the app out for split screen. Floating window just click. Alternatively, from running apps you can click the multi view icon in top to initiate a multi view window from any running and then select the second app you want in parallel.

Phil Dobson

Feb 27, 2016
Visit site
With multi window switched on in the drop down menu, start an app, (this one you are reading from will do) press and hold the back button, (now) the sidebar will appear. In future after this, the sidebar will come out when swept from the right hand side as it did in Android 4.4

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac