How do I go back to kitkat 4.4.4 on Note 3 after lollipop update?

A

AC Question

Like many others, I can't stand lollipop v5. I'm wanting to revert back to kitkat and never update this device. I've never done any rooting or customizing with a rom. Is there a good user friendly tutorial on how to do this safely?

Thanks!

Mar 30, 2015
Visit site
I dont think so i had similar dilema like yours and i didnt update the os but i think it isnt revertable without unlocking your bootloader wich requires root but why dont you like the new update??

Posted via the Android Central App

bdub_02

Apr 3, 2015
Visit site
Well that sucks to hear I can't go back to "factory" OS. Lollipop is a joke and definitely not an "upgrade" from kitkat. My battery life has suffered, and tons of app crashes, however mainly have been my Dolphin browser. My biggest complaint is that they removed the lock screen widgets. They should at least give you the option to enable them! I wish there was another phone out that compared to the Note 3.

How hard is it to root and flash a stock version of kitkat (or something basically the same) onto this device?

kaytedawg

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
I totallyagree. I'm hating lollipop. My battery life is definitely suffering. And it just weird. I've been in love with my note 3 for 2 years now and suddenly I feel a Lil devistated. I think I am beyond warranty, so I may root. ...but idk what to do really because since update, my camera does not work. Advice? I've reset, restarted and tried every possible thing I could Google. I think they should replace my phone any way since this update screwed me. Lol

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary