My locked screen key pad numbers are blocked in white squares, how do I get them back to black?

A

AC Question

locked screen key pad numbers are blocked in white squares

does any1 know how to get it bk to bormal numbers ? its like its set to private :/

googs136

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Re: locked screen key pad numbers are blocked in white squares

Yeah, mine has been doing this for about a week now on my Galaxy S5 and started right after the latest update. Very annoying...

Last edited:

DoBeDoBeDo

Apr 22, 2015
Visit site
I'm having the same problem and it has just been since Lollipop. For me it happens almost slowly, like 1 or 2 numbers will be blocks, then the next time it locks a few letters, then the next time a little more, until everything is a block. Rebooting helps them go back to regular for maybe 18 hours or so.

fireidiot

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Re: locked screen key pad numbers are blocked in white squares

My Note 3 has been doing the same annoying thing after the upgrade to Lollipop. I usually just to a battery pull to get it to go away. Sometimes it's a day or two, sometimes it's a week before it reappears. No clue what's causing it, but a factory reset or cache wipe does not fix it.

Curtis Mechanuck

Apr 27, 2015
Visit site
I also have been having this happen since upgrading to Lollipop on my Galaxy S4, within the last couple weeks. Restart has helped as a temporary solution, but like others, the problem has recurred after a few days. I will try the cache partition wipe and hopefully that helps.

bassplayer_08

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
Both mine and my girlfriend's S5's have been doing this since the lollipop update. It's really annoying because I have to unlock my phone if I want to see what time it is. Has Android come out with a fix that actually works for this yet?

Corey Hebert1

Apr 30, 2015
Visit site
The previous update screws up my home button, now when it's fixed lollipop breaks my home screen. This is bullish*t can we have one update without problems? I didn't buy an s5 active to be a godd*mn beta tester...

MHoltan

Apr 30, 2015
Visit site
I have two users who are also experiencing this exact same issue. One says it occurs every 18-48 hours gradually turning to blocks and phone restart to reset the 'death-timer'. Did a hardware reset and it didn't fix the issue.

Searched for Open Bugs in Android Open Source's (AOS) bug tracker and none of the 300 that matched "lock screen" were this issue. Unfortunately, this issue has been shown to occur in only Samsung products so far (S4, S5, Note 3) and so since those are heavily-customized Samsung-specific Android code, the vanilla Open Source bug tracker won't provide support.

It appears the Samsung Developer Forum's is the only/best place to report the bug: developer.samsung.com/forum/en

Bearl09

May 27, 2015
Visit site
My S5 was perfectly fine until I downloaded the latest software update, now a week later it's doing this! My husband's phone has been doing it for a while but his was updated long before mine (difference between ATT and Verizon). Wishing I had never updated it now, this is stupid! I have always had Samsung and used Android OS but this makes me want to try iPhone, at least they work!

jd254

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
My S5 was perfectly fine until I downloaded the latest software update, now a week later it's doing this! My husband's phone has been doing it for a while but his was updated long before mine (difference between ATT and Verizon). Wishing I had never updated it now, this is stupid! I have always had Samsung and used Android OS but this makes me want to try iPhone, at least they work!

why do people always bring the iphone up when it's so unrelated? anyways, as someone who troubleshoot cell phone for a living, no, iPhones don't always work. The iPhone 6 plus has problems that was never fixed since the iPhone 4 release.

all electronic devices have their own set of bugs.

Wolflover121

Jun 11, 2015
Visit site
I have s5 my daughter s5 active hers did the update now is doing the white blocks in lock screen but I have not let mine do the update yet and I have had no problems as of yet it has to do with the upgrade they must not have written the code right

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey