Does having CWM installed mean that you have a loki'd device?

A

AC Question

Hey guys, I'm really new to this whole rooting thing, and I just recently got my phone rooted.
I was looking into some GPE ROMs and I found one that I liked, but it said I needed a loki'd device.
Since I'm so new to whole rooting thing, I wasn't sure what it meant, but it also said that if I had CWM or TWRP installed, I'd be good to download the ROM (I intended to install CWM anyway). So here's the question: If I were to install CWM using Odin, would that make it a loki'd device? Or do I need to install it another way? Again, sorry of the lack of knowledge on rooting, I'm really new to this. Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys, I'm really new to this whole rooting thing, and I just recently got my phone rooted.
I was looking into some GPE ROMs and I found one that I liked, but it said I needed a loki'd device.
Since I'm so new to whole rooting thing, I wasn't sure what it meant, but it also said that if I had CWM or TWRP installed, I'd be good to download the ROM (I intended to install CWM anyway). So here's the question: If I were to install CWM using Odin, would that make it a loki'd device? Or do I need to install it another way? Again, sorry of the lack of knowledge on rooting, I'm really new to this. Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!

Welcome to Android Central!

Can you post what device you along with the model. I've never heard the term loki'd device before. Could you mean locked?

Current devices: T-Mobile Galaxy S6, Surface Pro 3 Core I5, Nexus 9, and Moto 360

Past Devices - Phones: Galaxy Note 4, Nexus 6, Nexus 5, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus S, Galaxy Note 3, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy S5, Galaxy S4, Galaxy S3, Galaxy S2, HTC Incredible, HTC EVO 4G, HTC EVO, HTC Hero, Motorola Photon.

Tablets: Nexus 7 (2013), Nexus 7 (2012), Lenovo Yoga Tablet 2 Windows 8.1, Dell Venue 8, Galaxy Tab Pro, Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition, Galaxy Note 10.1, Galaxy Note 8, Kindle Fire HD 8.4, Kindle Fire HD 7, Kindle Fire, iPad 2, iPad 1, Nook HD, Nook.