Note 2 having network issue ever since i replaced the broken screen

A

AC Question

Hi,

I had accidentally broken my note 2 screen. As the touch and other functionality was working perfect, i was advised to just change the screen which I got it done by near by phone repair shop. Post this everything works fine but the phone fails to pick network at most of the time. I get network at times but at most of the places/times i do not get network coverage. When I try to make calls it says "not in registered network" , at times i have seen error "No registered network" being flashed out. People who try to call me complain that they are not able to reach through me and always get "not in coverage area" error. I have checked the network by replacing sim in other phone. It works perfectly fine which means its not sim, provider or network coverage issue. The problem is somewhere with my note 2. I have verified the IMEI number and it is not tempered. (it is the same as shown in phone label). I have also tried by choosing WCDMA only mobile network but to no avail.

Please help.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I had accidentally broken my note 2 screen. As the touch and other functionality was working perfect, i was advised to just change the screen which I got it done by near by phone repair shop. Post this everything works fine but the phone fails to pick network at most of the time. I get network at times but at most of the places/times i do not get network coverage. When I try to make calls it says "not in registered network" , at times i have seen error "No registered network" being flashed out. People who try to call me complain that they are not able to reach through me and always get "not in coverage area" error. I have checked the network by replacing sim in other phone. It works perfectly fine which means its not sim, provider or network coverage issue. The problem is somewhere with my note 2. I have verified the IMEI number and it is not tempered. (it is the same as shown in phone label). I have also tried by choosing WCDMA only mobile network but to no avail.

Please help.

Welcome to Android Central!

I would take it back and have them make sure they plugged the antenna back in to the board correctly. It could have come lose when they were putting it back together.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol