Odin Write Operation Failing on GT-N7000

A

AC Question

My phone appears to be in a bootloop as it is stuck on the Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000 Screen. I cannot access recovery mode, I can only access Downloading Mode. It started when I used Rom Manager to flash CWM to my device and do a backup. I have tried flashing a stock ROM to my device but ODIN (v3.9) gives me the following error:

<ID:0/003> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> N7000XXLT9_N7000XXLT3_N7000ORALT3_HOME.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/003> Odin v.3 engine (ID:3)..
<ID:0/003> File analysis..
<ID:0/003> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/003> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

And shows a FAIL at the top in red.
Does anyone have any suggestions? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
My phone appears to be in a bootloop as it is stuck on the Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000 Screen. I cannot access recovery mode, I can only access Downloading Mode. It started when I used Rom Manager to flash CWM to my device and do a backup. I have tried flashing a stock ROM to my device but ODIN (v3.9) gives me the following error:

<ID:0/003> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> N7000XXLT9_N7000XXLT3_N7000ORALT3_HOME.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/003> Odin v.3 engine (ID:3)..
<ID:0/003> File analysis..
<ID:0/003> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/003> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

And shows a FAIL at the top in red.
Does anyone have any suggestions? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Welcome to Android Central!

Your phone can't just flash a recovery like most phones. You need a kernal that supports the recovery. Here is a link to Philz Kernal with recovery. You should be able to flash this kernal and it get you fixed up.

[PhilZ-cwm6][n7000] Stock Kernel+CWM6+Root+e… | Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000 | XDA Forums

ivel97

Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central!

Your phone can't just flash a recovery like most phones. You need a kernal that supports the recovery. Here is a link to Philz Kernal with recovery. You should be able to flash this kernal and it get you fixed up.

Thanks for the suggestion but I had already flashed Philz kernal when it happened. I tried your suggestion anyway but it didn't work. Thanks though. I have a feeling my problem is the lack of a stock USB cable. I just bought one online and I'll have a go with that.

What happened at the beginning was I used Rom Manager to flash CWM and then clicked backup at which point the phone went into a boot loop. Weird.

EDIT:
And thanks for the welcome! :)

Last edited:

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestion but I had already flashed Philz kernal when it happened. I tried your suggestion anyway but it didn't work. Thanks though. I have a feeling my problem is the lack of a stock USB cable. I just bought one online and I'll have a go with that.

What happened at the beginning was I used Rom Manager to flash CWM and then clicked backup at which point the phone went into a boot loop. Weird.

EDIT:
And thanks for the welcome! :)

Ah gotcha, well hopefully the new USB cable will solve the problem. Let me know how it goes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech