Problem with trying to make phone calls over car speaker system on Prius V.

ehwd

Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
My Samsung S5 used to work fine, talking over bluetooth on my Prius V. Something happened and now it connects for most things just fine (pandora, initiating phone calls etc.), but whenever a phone call comes through it sends the phone call back to my phone rather than running it through the car speakers. Am I missing a setting somewhere?

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
My Samsung S5 used to work fine, talking over bluetooth on my Prius V. Something happened and now it connects for most things just fine (pandora, initiating phone calls etc.), but whenever a phone call comes through it sends the phone call back to my phone rather than running it through the car speakers. Am I missing a setting somewhere?

Welcome to Android Central!

Try going in to your settings, bluetooth, and click the gear next to your cars bluetooth in the list. Make sure Call Audio is turned on.

ehwd

Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
It is on, until I try to make a call. The car starts the call, but as soon as it starts dialing, the bluetooth disconnects the phone connection. It switches back when the call hangs up.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
It is on, until I try to make a call. The car starts the call, but as soon as it starts dialing, the bluetooth disconnects the phone connection. It switches back when the call hangs up.

Try looking in the phone profile in the car and see if there is anything out of sorts in the settings. Have you tried un-pairing the phone from the car and re-pairing it?

ehwd

Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, I've unpaired and repaired. I don't think anything changed on the car side. I'm guessing that what happened had to do with the 1/2 upgrade to lolly pop that Verizon did.

STrain

May 6, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys, I had this issue too and finally fixed it today. It had to do with adding my car as a trusted device in the smartlock settings in security.

No problems after that.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech