I keep getting the android.process.acore error and I'm not sure what to do.

Keltian

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
I started getting that error that android.process.acore stopped and it keeps popping up. Now any app that hooks into my contacts is unusable such as the dialer and hangouts. So I can't make calls or text. I tried emptying out the contacts and contacts storage but this didn't do anything, so I'm thinking it has to do with another app that is using my contacts but I can't tell which one. The only changes I made to my apps was updating my apps which is done automatically in the background. The ones that were recently updated were Airbnb, Android System WebView, Expedia, Google Play Movies, IMDb, Kitty in the Box, LinkedIn Job Search, Mint, MyTSA, ooVoo, Pandora, Pinterest, Pizza Hut, Snapchat, Swarm, Tapatalk, Target, Tumblr, Twitter, UPS Mobile, Venmo, and Yahoo Weather. I could really use some help with this. I'm running out of ideas and this is really worrying me.

Josiah23

Q&A Team
Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
Alright good, glad to hear the problem is gone. If It still does this than something is wrong with one of those apps or the newest update for that app. Be sure to let the people of Android Central know if it continues to do this.

Keltian

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
The problem came back. I was trying to open a word doc from an email attachment and it launched the microsoft office app. I guess I got logged out of the app at some point because it was telling me to log in again. Once I saw the log in screen I got the error pop ups again. I deleted the Office app, removed the microsoft account from the accounts in settings, cleared the contacts data and rebooted the phone. That seems to have fixed it for now but there is definitely something wrong with how apps are syncing on my phone. Right now the only apps that have account sync profiles on my phone are Google and LG.

Keltian

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
This problem is still ongoing. I reinstalled the firmware to see if that would fix it. I then tested it by logging into my paypal app which would create a sync profile in system settings. As soon as I was logged in, the android.process.acore error came back. I had to remove the sync profile and the paypal app, boot into safe mode, clear the contacts data, and boot back into normal mode which cleared the error. At this point, I can't use any apps that use androids sync as they seem to corrupt the contacts app data other than Google and LG. I'm running out of ideas other than doing a complete wipe of the phone or getting a warranty replacement from T-Mobile. I would like to avoid doing either option, so if anyone has another possible solution that might fix this issue, I'd really appreciate it.

Josiah23

Q&A Team
Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
Hey Keltian, :/ by the way things are looking there's a defect or software problem with your LG G3. You might need a warranty replacement even though your trying to avoid this, (You may not want to use this --> but I would do something risky and flash an older version of lollipop, or even KitKat, but that's just me, but if you want to keep warranty then do not do that! You should really take it to your phones carrier store and have them check it out. (Btw, sorry for posting a week late)

Sent from Mr. Mobile Nations using Verizon Galaxy S5

Josiah23

Q&A Team
Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
Have you tried a factory reset? 9 times out of 10 a factory reset will fix software problems. A factory reset will delete everything you have downloaded and put on the device, just like you just bought it brand new.

Keltian

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Sadly, I did attempt a factory reset last Thursday and it didn't fix it. I gave in and called T-Mobile for a warranty replacement. The bad news is, the G3 is on back-order which is interesting since the G4 was just announced. The good news is, since it's on back-order, when I finally get my replacement G3, it will very likely be a brand new one and not refurbished.

Josiah23

Q&A Team
Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
Defect in your G3! Well hopefully when you get your new G3, it'll be defect free and working the way you want it to. I'm waiting to get the Galaxy S6 edge, Galaxy Note 4, or maybe even the LG G4!

Keltian

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
This is an issue with Lollipop 5.0.
I got this as well, even when I tried clean installs on my Sprint LG G3.

According to this, the issue is fixed in Lollipop 5.1:
https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=95749

So I'll be on KitKat 4.4 until 5.1 is released for my phone/carrier.

Edited to add link (needed 10 posts, which this post ended up being).

Oh wow, you're right. I remember the tech from T-Mobile said that they were going to make sure the G3 I get will have Kit Kat and asked that I not update my phone to 5.0 until 5.1 gets released.

Josiah23

Q&A Team
Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
Its still weird that you were having that problem when my friend has an LG G3 running lollipop 5.0 and he hasnt ran into anything like this.

Sent from Mr. Mobile Nations using a Samsung Galaxy S5!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1430957102305.png
    uploadfromtaptalk1430957102305.png
    102.3 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

Keltian

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
I got my warrenty replacement from T-Mobile and I can confirm it's new and is running 4.4.2 KitKat. I no longer have the bug. While I'm gonna miss some of the Lollipop features, I'm gonna hold off on updating on this phone until 5.1 is released on the T-Mobile LG G3. Thanks for all the help guys!

Posted via the Android Central App

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae