Why my LG Volt won't pair with my iPhone?

A

AC Question

Hi,

I bought a brand new LG Volt, but I'm having some issues with bluetooth.

- I've tried to connect it to 6 devices so far; 2 iPhones 6, another Android phone, my car, a portable speaker and my earpiece). My iPhone sees the Volt, can pair, but can't connect (says the LG isn't compatible). The LG sees iPhone as well, can pair, but the actual connection never gets established, as the bluetooth symbol never lights up and just remains grayed out

- This other android phone sees the Volt, but can't connect to it. (this android phone, ZTE, connects seamlessly with my iPhone).

- My car and my earpiece don't even see it.

- My portable bluetooth speaker is the only device the Volt can connect with. In the meantime I bought another Volt. Same issue.

Any idea what could be the issue here?

Thanks!

P.S. Someone suggested I try the following, but that didn't work:

You need to establish a Master, in your case your iPhone since you hotspot it.
So, disable all Bluetooths.
Enable iPhone bluetooth.
Enable LG Volt and let it connect.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! First, why are you trying to pair the iPhone with the Volt? To transfer files via Bluetooth, or to act as a Bluetooth internet tether? Those are the only two reasons I can think of to pair two phones with each other.

As for the other Bluetooth devices not connecting--do they have a Connect button that has to be pressed in order to make them discoverable by the Volt? Are you sure any other previously paired phones (like your iPhone) aren't nearby, and therefore preventing the Bluetooth devices from pairing with a new phone? Bluetooth devices can be connected to only one phone at a time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton