Rooted LG G2 LS980 help! danger?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

AC Question

Hello,

I bought a LG G2 LS980, sim unlocked, from an online shop, to be used in Europe.
The shop did not advise me that the cellphone would come rooted and now I am a bit concerned.

The phone apparently is rooted as I can see 2 apps (SuperSU and RE(with Chinese characters)), which for me is ok but I did not requested.
Since I have no knowledge on the rooting I don’t actually know what else is installed on the cellphone and might be running.

The cellphone was obviously used previously and software installed, it even had a short voice record… weird.
How can I check what are the extra apps that were installed? My concern is that somehow some of my sensitive information might be automatically sent on the background to whoever did the rooting, without my control.

My concern is that also this shop offers 2 years warranty but no supplier accepts a rooted cellphone, as far as I know.
From what I read is not advisable to either update to Lollipop OTA when it’s released or to factory reset the cell phone has it might brick or malfunction.

I already wrote to the vendor and I want to return it, nevertheless I would like to know your opinion about keeping the rooted phone and what might happen
Thanks for the help

Status
Not open for further replies.