Is my phone infected?

yvnd

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
I'm not sure why or what's wrong with my LG Tribute. I first noticed an app suddenly appearing called 'Pro Music Downloader', which I don't remember downloading. More of these apps have shown up. Google Maps is haywire. Malware Bytes, AVG, Avast, and Comodo find nothing. I can't download apps now. What should I try next?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! It may have started with some adware that got installed alongside some other game you installed. You could have inadvertently accepted some downloads afterwards related to those ads. Or the initial app you downloaded might have some unwanted "feature" of automatically installing other apps.

Try uninstalling as many apps as you can--focus on the games. If you're unable to, then you may just have to do a factory reset. After the reset and after finishing the Setup Wizard, go directly to the Play Store and stop any apps that might be automatically installing.

kateamonsta

May 14, 2014
Visit site
I've found that with "1 mobile market" they highjack your phone, idk if its the market its self or the apk that i installed but it slowly but surely was making changes to my phone. at one point I couldnt even get into my app manager in settings, it kept force closing, to uninstall, had to go through my file manager. now I know why you have to give special permission to non google apps.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk