I just got the galaxy s6 two days ago and I am already having wifi issues. The phone tells me that the signal is very strong but it cannot load pages and tabs keep crashing. I have to turn off wifi and then turn it back on multiple times to fix the issue. After about 15 minutes it goes right back and continues with the same issue. I know this is not a modem or router issue because all of my other devices are connected and have no issues of loading anything work perfect. Just posting to see if anybody else has this same issue. Please keep me informed if you have found a fix. Thank you!
    04-12-2015 08:01 AM
    I got my s6 yesterday (on Verizon) and am having a similar issue. Basically it is connecting to WiFi but not moving quickly, or sometimes at all, when connected. Any help would be appreciated!
    04-12-2015 08:55 AM
    I'm having the same issue. Also on Verizon.
    04-12-2015 12:35 PM
    Take the phone to a public wifi hotspot and see if you have the same problems. If you do, bring the phone back for repair or replacement. If you don't, you'll have to change the settings on your router. First, use AES encryption, not TKIP or TKIP+AES - some recent implementations of Android are having problems with TKIP. (And if it's a Linksys router, believe it or not, they can have problems with AES too. Then you either run unencrypted or you buy a router that will work - like the cheap Netgear WNR2000.)
    04-12-2015 04:22 PM
    I am experiencing a similar wifi connectivity issue with my new S6. I can connect to my main router without an issue, my problem is that when I am on the far end of my house and attempt to change my wifi connection to my wifi extender. Both are Netgear devices and none of my other devices have an issue with connecting to the extender. The S4 I had previously also experienced no issues with connecting. Hope Samsung can push out an update of fix.
    04-12-2015 09:59 PM
    Are both the router and the extender using the same encryption? Recent Android versions have been having problems with TKIP. (At least with Netgear they don't have problems with AES - with Linksys, which you think would be the best, they do.)
    04-12-2015 11:53 PM
    I had WiFi issues with my S6 although my S4 was perfect. I know that this seems odd as this is for network data, I worked out that this fixed my problem:-Settings>Connections>Mobile networks>Mobile data>Untick Enhanced 4G LTE services.
    04-14-2015 07:33 AM
    I'm on T-Mobile but have been having the same issues, I seem to have found a fix that has been working so far. Try this if turning off smart network switch doesn't work (that didn't work for me)

1. Open your phone dialer
    2. Enter *#0011#
    3. Select more (top right)
    4. Select WiFi
    5. Turn off WiFi power save mode(enabled by default)
    6. Exit and hopefully your WiFi connectivity issues will no longer be a problem.

Hope I was able to help some of you out.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Kareem Kamel likes this.
    04-14-2015 08:31 PM
    Good idea but it's not helping actually

Hopefully an update gets pushed out soon. Rather have a phone that dies midday than a phone with basic functionality problems.

Looks like I'm never buying Samsung again for another 10 years. Back to Nexus devices-only.
    04-15-2015 11:32 AM
    One solution I found was to make sure WMM is enabled. I had my wifi working fine at work, but at home it was slow or stopping loading, not loading etc. I looked it up and WMM was disabled on my router. Apparently if it is not enabled some of these newer devices do not get full speed, they become limited. So make sure those things are enabled. You can leave QoS off just make sure WMM is on.

I am on a Netgear R7000.
    04-16-2015 03:06 PM
    This is also happening to me, for the 1st 6 days I had the phone my Wi-Fi was working perfect and now it's not working at all anything that uses internet on the phone can't even get a connection on my 5GHz home privet network(very strong at 866Mpbs) or the 2.4 GHz version of my network. When that happened I went to a friends house and I tried his network and the same thing was going on nothing would work at all. I see it's a mass problem so let's just hope it's software related and they have a software update to fix it and quick!
    04-17-2015 02:17 PM
    Ok I think this might work. This is what I did
    1. I switch download booster to **OFF**. (I think the problem is with it) then i turned off my wifi
    2. I cut off my galaxy s6 (verizon)
    3. I switched my wifi channel it was on 11. to 6. by doing that I think my router rebooted.
    4.Once my router completely rebooted i switched back on my Galaxy s6.

5 SUCCESS

please someone try this and tell me if it fix your problem. This should work for everyone.

***Edit**** also my wifi setting in advance mode are
    show wi-fi pop-up = off
    wi-fi notificatons = off
    keep wi-fi on during sleep = always
    always allow scanning = on
    04-17-2015 02:25 PM
    check out my post i think it might fix your problem.
    04-17-2015 02:33 PM
    Reese Mitchell I doubt the download booster is related because I experienced the problem before I even turned download booster on. Sounds more like one of the multitude of things you tried happened to work.
    04-18-2015 02:41 PM
    I had the same problem with my S6 edge. I have Comcast at home. I called comcast and they said it is a problem with the phone. I called Samsung and they said it must be your wifi!!!!. I tried my phone on different wifi and it worked perfectly. So, I changed the security mode to WPAWPA2-PSK (TKIP/AES) on my router, and since that time I had no issues with the speed.
    04-19-2015 03:57 AM
    I am using Linksys EA6900. I just tried turning on MAC filtering and set my S6's MAC address to "allow" for the filtering on the router. It seems to be working. Finally have fast connection and it hasn't dropped the connection. Hope it continues and hope this helps. I had the s6 edge but, after two phone swaps went to the s6. Here's hoping Samsung & Google figure this out soon.
    04-19-2015 05:16 AM
    Hi

I'm quite new to Samsung S6. I came across this thread as i am finding that my wifi is disconnected at times and it uses my mobile data.

I have searched high and low and don't know what else to do?

Tried the suggestions above and the one below but it still not working.

On S6 > Settings
    WIFI > on
    More > WPS PIN Entry

**took the pin number and added it to >

Logged into my TP-Link Router
    - WPS Settings
    -Enter new device PIN

[phone now takes 2 minutes to complete]

added to say... this is only for password pin. > it will not work.

I disconnected my WIFI and rebooted the phone. Went to WIFI settings and WHALA... its back on.

and it says WPS failed. Try again in a few minutes >> pfft tried it forever!!!!

still doesn't work.

Can someone please advise what i should do next.

Thank-you.
    04-19-2015 10:38 PM
    My WiFi connection was pitifully slow on my S6. It would take me several minutes to load/browse HBO GO or the Play Store. Many icons would just come up blank. I'm in an area where IPv6 is partially implemented, so I was curious and enabled it prior to getting this phone. Turning off IPv6 on the router made a huge difference -- now everything works normally. I'm wondering why my S3 doesn't have this problem...
    04-19-2015 10:44 PM
    Hope this helps some folks. I bought an S6 (not the edge) about a week and a half ago and was immediately frustrated at the laggy Internet experience when connected to my home wifi (Comcast modem and router in one. Single band 2.4 frequency). I tried every fix I read, including factory resetting the phone, clearing cashe partition, restarting everything, changing security settings on the modem, changing DNS servers to static on my phone using Google public DNS servers. Also of course I turned of all appropriate settings such as smart network switch, Volte, etc. None of this worked. Finally, I took the phone back in hopes it was a hardware issue and traded for another new one. Still same results. In a last ditch effort to avoid having to take the phone back for good, I plugged in my old belkin router(dual band) and connected to that (The 5 rather than the 2.4) The issue immediately went away. No more insesant buffering, studdering, etc. It has been silky smooth without fail. Apparently these things take issue with some routers. Surely Samsung knows about this and is working on a fix. Anywho, hope this helps someone.
    04-20-2015 10:00 AM
    Thanks, I turned off the IPv6 on my Cisco router and my Sprint S6 Edge works perfectly.
    04-21-2015 06:27 PM
    I have a Sprint S6 Edge with similar issues. I posted a thread on XDA and a few others are in the same boat

forum.xda-developers.
    com
    /galaxy-s6-edge/help/wifi-dropping-t3079504

I exchanged my Edge at Best Buy and the wifi problem persists.
    04-21-2015 10:50 PM
    So I got a Verizon branded Samsung Galaxy S6 on launch day and 6 days after I got the device the wifi went out and from that day I have not been able to use wifi at all. What is happening is the phone is still connecting to all the networks, but then anything on the phone that requires internet tells me it could not establish a connection. I normally connect at home where I have a 5GHZ privet network with 120Mbps(getting faster speed than that at times) and I also have the capability to connect to 2.4GHz with in the same network. Also, while this is going on for my 5GHz home network the phone is telling me that I'm getting a very strong signal with 866Mbps coming in and I tried numerous other private networks and still the same thing keeps recurring. Also, I 1st tried to for get the network and put it back on and that did not work, and I also did 2 factory resets. On top of that customer care for some reason is not knowledgeable with the S6 at all they tried to tell me to use Kies to do what is equal to a iTunes reset for the iPhone, but Kies does not support the S6 at all so they had no other solution for me. Then for some reason they would not even let me get a replacement device from them on the phone or in store even after doing 2 factory resets(and they claimed they need me to do a factory reset 1st before they replace it, but still the answer no so far). I just hope Google steps it up and rolls out a an update with a patch to fix this ASAP! especially now that I'm starting to see it's not an isolated insolent.
    04-24-2015 12:29 AM
    Thanks Mike
    This did it for me!!
    04-24-2015 09:17 AM
    Here's an update of what's going on with my situation, as of today(4-28) I'm still having issues with the wifi. I went to a second Verizon corporate store and that store general manager advised me not to change my phone again(this would be my 3rd phone if I would have replaced it then) because he said at that specific corporate store a lot of people are coming in for the same wifi issue and end up coming back because even though they got a replacement device the wifi issue still persist on the replacement device even if they set up the replacement phone as a new phone. He also went on to say that he didn't want me to waste my time setting it up getting the apps and having to go through all this trouble again for the issue to still be there after that, he's trying to save me the hassle and time.

Then Verizon tech coach(Tire 1&2, warranty department) is really not knowledgeable about the S6 at all and for some reason they are refusing to give me a new phone via warranty even before I even got the first replacement phone. They were trying to say that I could get a replacement brand new device, but I would have to pay the full retail amount on a credit card at that time then we send you the phone and then you send back the old phone and once we receive your old phone we will refund you the money, and it is an actual charge not a deposit or hold. I believe they just we're trying to get me to buy a new device and were never going to give me the money back and it was a scam Verizon is trying to pull on me.

Then with the Samsung tech support they want me to send in the phone and remain without a phone for at least 10 days, because they claim they know nothing about any wifi issues at all(but Verizon knows about it and it pops up in their system), and they want to check my phone out supposedly to fix every device thats having this issue once and for all and they need to see the phone in order to do so.
    I talked to Samsung on their Facebook support page and even went as far as making a video of me showing it not working, and they still did not believe and they wanted to do basic troubleshooting that I've done a million times to try to get the wifi to work. ended up getting in a fight with them on dear Facebook support page

I don't know what to do anymore I'm lost and now frustrated!
    04-28-2015 07:21 PM
    I'm having the same issue and have tried just about everything I can. I originally thought it was just my Facebook app, but I've noticed it more and more with other apps. I've changed phone settings, app settings, and network settings, with no results. I believe it's a defect in the phone and here is why. My fiance and I both got S6s from Verizon at the same time. She really isn't tech savvy and has left her phone pretty much as it came out of the box. We are on the same home network and her phone runs noticeably faster while using the same apps. Even after resetting to factory default 3 times and leaving all settings alone, I am still having the same issue.
    Being that I haven't seen much on this issue outside of this thread, I may give it another day or two before I request an exchange.
    Thanks in advance to anyone else that has an idea of how to fix this.
    04-30-2015 10:18 AM
61 123