why am i not receiving text on my S6

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Did you previously have your phone number used with an iPhone? If so you need to contact Apple support and have them disable iMessage. iMessage is known to cause problems if you switch to Android and forget to disable it.

Justintime13

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I am having the same issue on Verizon but coming from a Note 3, not an ios device. I was using Samsung messenger previously and have tried Samsung and verizon messaging app on the S6 edge to no avail. Everything else is fine. Calls are good both ways and I can send texts to any other phone or carrier without issues. But I have not received any of my texts since activating the new phone 12 hours ago. I called Verizon and spoke with 2 different people who seemed perplexed by this issue. They said every angle they could think of looked good as I patiently waited for them to walk me through all of the standard stuff with restarts, clearing cache etc etc. The best they could leave me with was to turn off my phone for 60 to 90 seconds while they did some kind of reset on their end and then turn it back on while leaving my old one completely off overnight (Turned it back on and still no messages btw). A pretty unacceptable response if you ask me, but I have no choice but to give it until morning. Their explanation was that the 4G network took 6 to 8 hours of new phone up time to fully configure to the new device. That may be so, I'm not a telcomm guy, but I have activated a few phones in my life and it sure seems like something is up. I also find it interesting that this being the first time I've ever had these issues is also the first time Verizon has ever set their own messaging app and service as the default on one of my Samsung devices...

Thoughts or suggestions welcome. Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy