Why Won't My Charger Just Charge?

A

AC Question

Android Galaxy Tablet 1 Mobile GT P3100
APOLO USB CABLE, TRAVEL CHARGER

My Mother has recently bought a new USB cable and charger for my tablet. She said that it worked when she plugged it there ( the shop where she bought it from) and that it was charging but at home it won't. Now, I'm having a lot of trouble and a lot of stress(Oh Please Please Help Me) because the only way it can charge is if I "fumble" with the cable and I know that would do any good.

There aren't any problems with turning On and Off tho.
I've turned it off for the sake of my tablet.
Also, sometimes when the charger works. It will only work halfway i.e it will show the yellow battery icon charging halfway and then turn off.
Now, I've heard and saw a lot of videos and answers like removing the back of the tablet and doing something to the "place" where the cable gets plugged. But, unfortunately I do not have such equipments and I don't really wanna do any damage to my tablet.
So, please please help me.
Any answers would be much appreciated.
Thank you.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
the only way it can charge is if I "fumble" with the cable and I know that would do any good.
If you have to fumble with the cable where it plugs into the tablet, the connector isn't completely connected to the tablet. It has to go to the shop for repair. If you have to fumble with the charger end, the charger is shot. (Cince a decent charger is about $5, it doesn't pay to repair it. Considering the age and capabilities of the tablet, it may not pay to repair that either.)

Razel Joy De Jesus1

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Does it also have to do with how it gets plugged in the socket? Because my travel charger doesn't really "plug" itself in completely but when I plug it in my phone extension(an extension that has a lot of sockets in it) it gets plugged in properly i.e it's kinda firm and not really that loose compared to plugging it in one of my houses' wall sockets.