Bluetooth doesn't auto-connect, Lollipop

A

AC Question

My Samsung Galaxy s4 is paired to VW phone in my car. I was able to hear Media audio and Call audio for the last two years via Bluetooth in my car.

Yesterday unfortunately I upgraded to Android Lollipop and now media audio doesn't work.

From the notification bar switch off Bluetooth, switch on Bluetooth then activate „Call audio“ and „Media audio“ in the settings of paired device then it will work. But once the Bluetooth connection is terminated and reconnected it forgets the last settings - Refuses to activate the Media audio.

It was working like I expected until yesterday evening and in the night this horrible upgrade happened then from today morning it doesn't work any more .

Any solution for this?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: Bluetooth and Lollipop

My Samsung Galaxy s4 is paired to VW phone in my car. I was able to hear Media audio and Call audio for the last two years via Bluetooth in my car.

Yesterday unfortunately I upgraded to Android Lollipop and now media audio doesn't work.

From the notification bar switch off Bluetooth, switch on Bluetooth then activate „Call audio“ and „Media audio“ in the settings of paired device then it will work. But once the Bluetooth connection is terminated and reconnected it forgets the last settings - Refuses to activate the Media audio.

It was working like I expected until yesterday evening and in the night this horrible upgrade happened then from today morning it doesn't work any more .

Any solution for this?
I have seen similar issues that I don't think can be fixed until Google makes the fix at the AOSP level. It could be something that Samsung fixes on their own; however, I think it may require a fix to the source.

In the meantime, you might be able to work around the issue by using an app such as Tasker to force automate the connection when certain conditions are triggered. For example, through GPS as the positioning of the device changes with the vehicle.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheOzarks