Why can't I set lock screen security on my brand new s6?

A

AC Question

Hey guys, I just got a new s6 from AT&T Palo Alto today and I tried to set it up to use the fingerprint scanner for lock screen security. After I had set it up, I tried to test it out by turning the phone off and back on. Instead of reading my fingerprint or at least showing a 'not recognized' sign, it proceeded to ask for a swipe on the screen to unlock the device. I have now tried using a pin or pattern or password but they all don't work at all, any ideas?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! There's usually a setting where you can decide how long to wait before the phone automatically locks. So for example, if you choose 10 minutes, then once the screen goes to sleep, it won't lock until the phone has been idle for 10 minutes straight. If you wake the phone before those 10 minutes are up, then you don't have to unlock the screen. There's also usually an option to make the Power button automatically lock the phone. Look for those options in the Settings>Security menu, although they might also be in the Settings>Display​ menu.

Berry me a G

Dec 6, 2009
Visit site
Slight tweak to this thread...heres my scenario:
My phone is idle with screen off but fingerprint "locked" setting hasn't kicked in yet as its on a timer. I would like to wake my phone by pressing the home button but DO NOT want to swipe to unlock screen. Is there a way to only home press without the swipe?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie