01-08-2019 06:30 PM
56 123
tools
    I have tried all these ideas. Best option. Back up all your phone with Google, and do a factory reset. Worked very well for me, solved the Facebook problem and speeded up my phone. The only way I found to cure the problem...
    Tanay Saluja likes this.
    05-25-2015 06:13 AM
    I recently uninstalled the Facebook app. Now I can't reinstall. It says installation error - 504. I've tried clearing cache of play as well as the residual files of the app but I am still unable to install it again. I am not rooted. I am currently running 5.0.2.
    I have one solution and here it is. Just install Facebook app in other mobile where its getting installed. You need to have file explorer or other file manager software installed in that mob where app is installed because we need to transfer apk file from that mob to mob where we want to install. You can transfer it through bluetooth. If you also have file explorer installed then it would be great. Also you can transfer apk file from other mobiles where its already installed. It solved my problem hope so solves everyone's.
    07-14-2015 03:00 AM
    I have one solution and here it is. Just install Facebook app in other mobile where its getting installed. You need to have file explorer or other file manager software installed in that mob where app is installed because we need to transfer apk file from that mob to mob where we want to install. You can transfer it through bluetooth. If you also have file explorer installed then it would be great. Also you can transfer apk file from other mobiles where its already installed. It solved my problem hope so solves everyone's.
    squiglybob13 likes this.
    07-14-2015 03:02 AM
    Hi,

I faced the same problem when I tried to download via mobile data, later i tried installing with the help of wifi things gone fine.

Just try this, maybe it helps you...
    08-19-2015 10:30 AM
    My initial error:
    Can't install Facebook app-screenshot_2015-08-28-00-00-38.png

1) Uninstall Facebook messenger application.
    2) Clear junk file using Clean master application.
    3) Reboot the device.
    4) Now install Facebook from play store.

It is working fine for me
    08-29-2015 03:34 AM
    Hi, this trick worked. thanks. here are the steps that i used to install facebook again
    1. Un-installed facebook messenger
    2. used clean master to clean junk files
    3. rebooted my device
    4. installed facebook
    5. installed messenger

thanks for your suggestion
    09-05-2015 01:58 PM
    I had exact same problem recently, what I did was a little different but same none the less I used an app called es file explorer and found that in the data/media/0 folder i had a leftover folder named com.facebook.orca and com.facebook.katana I deleted those folder and also look in the data/data folder for those folders delete them and then try a reinstall worked for me.
    09-21-2015 10:56 PM
    hi der, i had the same issues with moto g2. was checkin all forums fr help. tried all basic troubleshooting. nothing solved as ur case.
    finally took google play store support, he too couldnt help atlast he transferred my call to motorola support. they did it...
    if you are having reinstallation error with facebook app, aft trying all basic trouble shootin option follow this... no need to restore factory settings...
    jst u have to 'clear cache partition on ur phone' using boot options on ur phone.
    for moto G2 i will post the following instructions... it will erase none of ur data... so no need to worry.
    1. power off ur phone
    2. press the volume down button and then press power button hold both together fr 5 secs and then release
    3. you will re-directed to boot menu
    4. use volume down button to highlight 'recovery option' from the menu displayed.
    5. volume button will select the option, now press volume up when recovery option is highlighted
    6. new screen will appear with android logo showing 'no command'
    7. now press volume up button and then power button and hold both together for 5 secs
    8. new menu will appear. use volume down key to highlight 'clear cache partition'
    9. power button will select the option here. select clear cache partition option
    10. ur cache thing will be wiped clear.
    11. fone might automatically restart, else wait for sometime untill cache partion has been cleared message displays.
    12. then highlight reboot phone now, select using power button
    13. fone should restart.
    14. now install ur facebook app
    15. it will install without error -504 n -501

thank you all. it will work..
    09-22-2015 11:09 AM
    hi der, i had the same issues with moto g2. was checkin all forums fr help. tried all basic troubleshooting. nothing solved as ur case.
    finally took google play store support, he too couldnt help atlast he transferred my call to motorola support. they did it...
    if you are having reinstallation error with facebook app, aft trying all basic trouble shootin option follow this... no need to restore factory settings...
    jst u have to 'clear cache partition on ur phone' using boot options on ur phone.
    for moto G2 i will post the following instructions... it will erase none of ur data... so no need to worry.
    1. power off ur phone
    2. press the volume down button and then press power button hold both together fr 5 secs and then release
    3. you will re-directed to boot menu
    4. use volume down button to highlight 'recovery option' from the menu displayed.
    5. volume button will select the option, now press volume up when recovery option is highlighted
    6. new screen will appear with android logo showing 'no command'
    7. now press volume up button and then power button and hold both together for 5 secs
    8. new menu will appear. use volume down key to highlight 'clear cache partition'
    9. power button will select the option here. select clear cache partition option
    10. ur cache thing will be wiped clear.
    11. fone might automatically restart, else wait for sometime untill cache partion has been cleared message displays.
    12. then highlight reboot phone now, select using power button
    13. fone should restart.
    14. now install ur facebook app
    15. it will install without error -504 n -501

thank you all. it will work..
    09-22-2015 11:16 AM
    Even tried the older way install apk file of older version .it does get install but wnt open n still getting same error -504 did all the steps like uninstalling messager n clearin cache still wnt work
    10-07-2015 01:57 PM
    Thats the steps to clear cache partition in moto g 2nd gen as motorola advices

Back to Previous Page

How do I clear Cache Partition on my device?

Lollipop Steps

With the phone powered off, press and hold the Volume Down button and the Power button at the same time until the device turns on.
    You will see the word "Start" with an arrow around it.
    Press the Volume Down button twice to highlight "Recovery mode"
    Press the Volume Up button to restart into Recovery mode.
    You'll see an image of an Android robot with a red exclamation mark and the words "No command."
    While holding down the Power button, press the Volume Up button.
    Use the volume buttons to scroll to "wipe cache partition" and press the Power button to select it.
    "Reboot system now" will be highlighted, press the Power button to select it.
    KitKat Steps

This will remove any temporary files that may be causing the problem, but will not delete your files or settings.

1. With the phone powered off, press the VOL DOWN KEY for 2-3 seconds then POWER key then release.

2. The device will display different BOOT OPTIONS

3. Use the VOL DOWN Key to SCROLL to Recovery and VOL UP Key to select

Tip: If the device reboots, you may have waited to long to make a selection, you will need to begin the process again.

4. The device will display the Motorola logo and then the Android in distress ( logo with Exclamation mark)

5. Press and hold the VOL UP key for 10-15 seconds. While still holding the VOL UP key tap and release the POWER key

Tip: You can try this step, holding the phone in landscape. If you are stuck on step 6, try a force reboot by pressing the Power key and Vol Down key, and start the process again.

6. The device will display additional menu options (Text will appear in BLUE)

7. Use the VOL DOWN Key to scroll to wipe cache partition and the POWER Key to select this option

8. The device will then perform the partition wipe

9. The device will reboot and start the normal power up sequence

I followed the steps but i had no luck updating facebook from g play store so far...My moto g after clearing cache partition is a bit faster by the way.
    Side upadateting from other sources failed to ....Even unistalling and istalling new ver was i no go...but........
    I accidently installed a new ver of facebook after unistalling the old following the recovery steps but not all the way to to end i have to confirm the steps and i could come up with a new post how i did it .....
    10-31-2015 05:25 AM
    Hi i know this is not the forum for what iam experiencing with my phone but can any one help me please???
    10-31-2015 02:48 PM
    I recently uninstalled the Facebook app. Now I can't reinstall. It says installation error - 504. I've tried clearing cache of play as well as the residual files of the app but I am still unable to install it again. I am not rooted. I am currently running 5.0.2.
    Best solution is to dowload facebook lite app ...
    11-10-2015 09:59 PM
    Best solution is to download facebook lite app
    11-10-2015 10:01 PM
    I have the same problem every time I update the facebook app. What works for me is pretty simple, and I don't know why it works but I just make sure the screen doesn't turn off during the update, and don't switch to any other app. Basically don't let it update in the background, and this seems to work.
    11-26-2015 06:03 PM
    I cannot reinstall facebook on samsung galaxy note 3. Keep getting error code:-24. Any suggestions?

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-19-2016 03:38 AM
    Facebook kept freezing on my galaxy S5 starting 4 or 5 days ago, so I tried clearing caches on all my apps, did the uninstall of FB. Now I can't reinstall FB because the google store won't let me download it and says it is already installed. So how do I get around this? Surely I can edit the play store so I can download but I can't figure out how. I am hoping FB has stopped freezing in the meantime. thank you for suggestions.
    01-22-2016 03:04 AM
    Replying to myself here. I got my FB app fixed yesterday. I had done all the usual stuff then uninstalled all updates. Then ATT started updating my Galaxy S5. Next I downloaded Download Manager as suggested in the last suggestion by Google Play Store. I must have deleted the Download Manager by trying to clean up unused apps on my phone. Well apparently you have to keep the Download Manger because as soon as I downloaded Download Manager I was able to download and reinstall Facebook even though I had the message on Playstore and everywhere I tried to download it that it was already installed. I just clicked through the install request regardless if it said "installed." Immediately thereafter FB installed and was functioning. So far I am able to use it without freezing.,
    01-23-2016 05:57 PM
    Showing error code 504 Facebook app doesn't installing. I try everything .
    04-17-2016 01:13 AM
    Clear opera max data and cache, I tried this with same problem and can successfully installed it !
    06-27-2016 09:17 AM
    I even did a factory reset and it hasn't helped! This all happened after my last update. For 2 years it worked fine on my tablet. Ffs
    07-04-2016 11:54 PM
    I even did a factory reset and it hasn't helped! This all happened after my last update. For 2 years it worked fine on my tablet. Ffs
    I spent countless hours trying to update Facebook through Google Play store having the same frustrations and doing the same stuff everyone else told us to do. Finally I thought from outside the box and instead of trying to download from Play Store, I successfully downloaded the latest version of Facebook from apkmirror.com
    10-18-2016 01:16 PM
    Was Facebook preinstalled, or did you initially install it yourself?

Try going to Settings>Accounts​ and removing your Google account, then adding it back again.
    Mine is pre-installed, what can I do??
    03-06-2017 07:43 PM
    Mine is pre-installed, what can I do??
    Welcome to Android Central! You're responding to my post from 2 years ago, and since then there's been a lot of discussion in this thread. Have you read through it? If so, can you give more details about what your situation is, what you tried, and the results?
    03-06-2017 08:37 PM
    I want to install my Facebook
    04-13-2017 06:27 PM
56 123