upgrade software

Hasan Bacha

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site
I have samsung galaxy s5 G900H but i have only KitKat 4.4.2 ..
What should i do to upgrade the software to Lollipop 5.0

Posted via the Android Central App

Sanam Marvi

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
dear friend idf you live in pakistan then you have to wait untill your carrier released lollipop version.You can update software using kies or using vpn over wifi

SeniorSwede

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
Sadly, this was *supposed* to be VZ flagship phone. My tech buddy bought a lesser moto phone before mine came out with android 5.0 resident in the device. So much for being a flagship phone. Perhaps that just means you "go down with the ship"!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
It means that the carrier has to make sure there are no major bugs in each update release. The schedule is usually the manufacturer that releases an update for a particular phone gets worked on first, and most carriers can't do more than a few phones at a time. (It's not a job a single programmer can do in a week - or a month.)

Of course you could get a really fast release - of bugs, like LolliFlop. There was a memory leak in 5.0 - which eats memory and battery. It wasn't fixed until 5.1. So if you're waiting for something worth having, Verizon isn't going to be releasing it for a LONG time. (And, as far as I'm concerned, LolliFlop should have been a minor point release of KitKat - there are no major changes, except for looks and sizable apps.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC