Galaxy S6 Cell Reception Problems?

A

AC Question

I have a Verizon Galaxy S6, 64gig. I get terrible cell reception. I was standing right next to my husband's S5 and he had 4G with 3 bars. I had 2 bars and a the 4G symbol had a line through it. I couldn't post to facebook because "no network connection". All the places I normally get great 4G, I can't do any data transfers because "no network. I can make calls and text only.

I am not sure if I got a defective phone or if they are all doing this? About ready to take it back and get an S5 :( I love the S6 but bottom line, cell reception is my #1 priority. I wonder if the metal case is interfering? And yes, I did check my settings and mobile data is turned on - not my first Android phone :).

Curious if anyone else has had problems with reception?

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central.

You may get a reply here, but I recommend registering as a member and posting in the Samsung Galaxy S6 forum. :)

Posted via the Android Central App

odstrava

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site
I'm having similar issues. Coming from a Galaxy S4 Active, I had really good reception in the building where I work but now I have trouble even sending text messages. Now granted the building is metal but again, the S4 usually did just fine. I was in town today and had no bars. Also, I use a Plantronics voyager legend Bluetooth and when I use that the other side always says I'm breaking up. Once I turn back to using the phone they say it's fine, given I am outside with good service.
All of that aside, it's kind of a pain because I love this phone so much.