Apps restart whenever I see an ad!

androidaliendave

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
So, whenever I am in an app, and an ad pops up the app restarts.
This is extremely annoying because I cannot claim free rewards from watching ads and, most irritating, some apps have ads at the start so I cannot play them😞😞😞
PLEASE HELP!

Posted via the Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! It's actually surprising that you want to see the ads--most people complain about unwanted ads!:)

Are these fullscreen ads? Are they static or video ads? When they finish, do they go away, or do you still have to exit the ad somehow? Is there an X in the upper right corner of the ad that you can tap to exit?

androidaliendave

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
It's all types of ads, but the annoying part is that the app restarts, the as doesn't just close, it prevents me from playing some apps that have ads at the start every time. If you don't understand what I'm saying, I will show a video. And also, I can't claim free rewards claimed through watching ads.😖

Posted via the Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
An app not in the foreground will sometimes restart - it depends on the app. (And it means that the person who "developed" it isn't really a developer. Close it and run it and it should start from scratch, but run another app or ad over it? That shouldn't affect it. This doesn't hold true for things like YouTube - if it's not in the foreground you can't see the video, so it stops, but music players shouldn't, and too many of them do.)

What can be done? Read [Guide] Malware / Adware / Popup Removal.