Before the lollipop upgrade, my app folders looked much better than they do now. I can't find where to change the look, can someone help?
    04-16-2015 11:11 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Which phone? You generally can't change the folder appearance unless you install a 3rd party launcher like Nova.
    Welcome to Android Central! Which phone? You generally can't change the folder appearance unless you install a 3rd party launcher like Nova.
    04-17-2015 02:57 PM
    You have to install a third party launcher. You can normally copy your configuration over from the default launcher and with some (nova or apex) you can Pretty much make it the same as the default

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-17-2015 02:59 PM
    What do third-party launchers do, and does Nova pose any security risks? I've never had to install anything like that before, but the appearance changes in Lollipop have given me a shattering headache since my update this morning. Those folders are a big part of that, so I'm looking for a solution. Is Nova safe, and what does it do?

Thanks!

Android 5.0.1
    Samsung-SGH-I337
    Galaxy S4
    04-27-2015 10:45 PM
    Nova is completely safe. A custom launcher can change the appearance and behaviour of your homescreens and app drawer. It's good fun. Take a look here.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho...d.php?t=299378
    [GUIDE] Nova Launcher
    04-28-2015 03:53 AM
    Thank you! I've now played around with Nova, so I'm a lot more comfortable with it and it really does look pretty good. Sadly, it seems I have to pay $4 for Nova Prime if I want to have folders. I don't think I want to pay for an app just because Android's developers have bad design sense.

Are there any launchers that allow me to create folders and use air gestures without having to upgrade to the paid version of the launcher? Thanks!!
    04-28-2015 07:38 AM
    You can change your folders in the homescreen with the free version. Just tap & hold on it, select edit, tap on the icon and change it from an icon pack or even a pic from your gallery. You can also change the background colour and transparency in the Nova settings.

With the paid version you can add folders in your apps drawer. Not sure which folders you mentioned.

And yes, gestures only with Nova Prime.
    04-28-2015 08:21 AM
    I wanted to set up the folders in the app drawer. Looks like I'm going to need to pay, but I really dislike the idea of it. My friend suggested Google Opinion Rewards as a means of getting Play store credit. That should take some of the sting away
    04-28-2015 08:32 AM
    Yo...the thing costs $4. Take some of the sting away?!? Your time has to be worth something doesn't it?
    05-31-2016 12:46 PM