Touchscreen unresponsive multiple times (Samsung S6)

A

AC Question

I recently bought a Samsung S6 (not the Edge version) from T-Mobile. Twice in the first two weeks the screen became unresponsive during an activity.

The first was when I received a call. The buttons on the screen were not reacting to anything. I tried swiping to answer the call first, and then tried to swipe to end it. I tried several times for both and neither responded and eventually the call went to voicemail.

The second time was this AM when I was using my alarm clock app, Timely. The snooze worked the first time around, but on the second time around (9 min later) the screen did not respond to touch. Since the alarm was going off I had to force a reboot. Once the phone booted back up of course the alarm was still going off, but the screen responded.

Anyone else have this problem? I assume it is a software/firmware glitch, but just curious what others think.

TLDR: Screen sometimes doesn't respond to touch during "alert" type events.

Thanks!

kayyyleigh123

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
Hi I've been following this thread for the last month or so. I've had the exact same thing happen with my s6. It's getting to the point I have no idea what to do... I've tried all of the ideas above on this thread and nothing has worked so far. Has anyone sent their phone off to Samsung ? If so what was the result?

Khristale Mayhem

Jun 1, 2016
Visit site
Ok so I have done all of the following except the firmware code only because my phone won't even allow me to work in safe mode, so does anyone have any ideas on how I can get to my dailer without using my touch screen??

Mullar

Sep 22, 2016
Visit site
Touchscreen unresponsive multiple times ( Samsung S 6)

I don't know what to do anymore, after connecting my S6 on a laptop it froze, i tried restating it and the touchscreen didn't respond. I cleared the cache nd also reseted it and no changes were made. Any help?
Thanks in advance.

Kreg Lawton

Mar 7, 2017
Visit site
My galaxy s6 touch screen stopped working. It doesn't respond at all I am not able to restart it shut it down or anything. I did a system update and after it restarted kept getting messages about no sim card detected. Shortly after it stopped responding to touch! if anyone has had a problem like this please let me know how to fix it

DWhalez

May 15, 2017
Visit site
I've had my S6 for 2 weeks, and an unresponsive touch screen is a common occurrence. I haven't had it as bad as you where it completely freezes, but often times I will have to touch an icon/keyboard/drawer 5 or 6 times before it responds. I have a Bodyguardz Screenguardz screen protector on it, and was wondering if that is the issue? I had a bodyguardz protector on my iphone before the S6 and never had any issues. Anyone have thoughts?

Have any of you gotten a response as to how to fix this problem?
My phone has been unresponsive for days now and nothing I do helps.:-

zohal52

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
*#2663# and updating the touch firmware did it for me. I had to post this and thank the person who found it. Wow I tried everything and it did not work. I even downloaded the stockrom and installed it, and it still was acting strange. it was not that it was unresponsive; it was symmetrically wrong. left buttons responded when I clicked on right side of the screen. Wow. Thank you so much.

May 26, 2018
Visit site
Try disabling OK Google from Google App -> Settings -> Voice

It seems to have improved it in my htc desire 10 pro

It also solved another nasty problem of "bluetooth call drop w.r.t audio on car speaker..
after first call each time when phone connects to car audio"

Jumpernot

Aug 15, 2019
Visit site
Hi all,
I'm pretty worried to see this has been going on for some people for a while, and I have only just come across this. I have an S7 that I have had for around 3 years now, and never really had this issue before unless I was unaware of it, but now I definitely have it. I can only solve the issue by doing the *#2663# method and clicking update Touch FW, but sure enough in 15 minutes to an hour it comes back and starts all over again.
I wiped the phone, started in safe mode and the situation was all the same, so I decided to jump the gun and buy a new screen + digitizer together to see if they fix the issue.

I can't see of any apps that would be causing the issue that I haven't got Handcent like the guy mentioned before getting rid of helped him, I am currently trying to figure out how to disable all voice input and google assistant stuff to see if that makes a difference. I will report back as I now know many people are facing this issue and would love to help people understand / bare with their problem while they fix it, as my phone become almost unusable and just to be able to do the *#2663# trick has given me so much relief!!

I'll update when I get the new screen :)