Why Google Calendar content disappear?

A

AC Question

I have Samsung GS5. Downloaded Lollipop about 2 weeks ago, after 10 days Google Calendar app & aCalendar app can be opened but the content (events, birthdays, etc) doesn't appear - calendars are empty.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Were the events you were entering associated with your Google account or the local Phone account (or Samsung account)? Go to your Google Calendar on the web--do you see all of the events there?

idnusi

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
thanks. the events are all associated with my Google account. on the web I do see all the events on my Google calendar. I think that the problem I encounter is because of the Lollipop. Any help would be much appreciated.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Go to Settings>Accounts-Google>[your Google account]​, and make sure Calendar is checked on. If that doesn't work, try removing your Google account completely, then add it back again.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
This might be redundant, but go to the App Manager, select Calendar, and Clear Cache/Clear Data, then Force Stop. Now open it again and wait a few seconds for it to sync.

In the Calendar app's settings, you have it set to display the preferred account, right? And you've already tried tapping the various calendars to make sure they haven't been toggled off?

idnusi

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
yes, I did all of that. The content comes and goes. Sometime when I tap the app, the content is there and sometime it's not. Your advice for the Clear Cache/Clear Data and then Force Stop works to have the content back but then later on, it may not show again.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
"Boosting" usually means closing a bunch of apps from RAM. This can be useful if an app is malfunctioning and hogging too much RAM, bogging down the system. But it's not a great habit to get into, because the way Android works, the system will just open the same or some other apps to keep RAM relatively full.