It seems like nobody has had any luck downgrading their Lollipop AT&T S5 back to KitKat... Odin always fails... I've looked it up, and apparently it's because of the new bootloader.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/att-galaxy-s5/help/downgrade-lollipop-t3077083
    See here how many people have failed to downgrade and soft bricked their phones.

I haven't bricked mine, but I NEED to get back to KitKat somehow... And hopefully, soon. Lollipop is too slow, laggy, and ugly. Even after wiping the cache and a factory reset.

Is there any way to get back to KitKat on a Lollipop S5 that anybody knows of?

Thanks,

Dylan
    04-22-2015 06:46 PM
    It's not the "new bootloader", it's that the phone is set to version 5. (There are "software fuses" and one of them is the minimum version that can run on that phone.

Keep checking the AT&T Samsung Galaxy S 5 - XDA Forums forums to see if anyone has come up with any solutions. (Downgrading to KitKat isn't going to be one of them. The prize money for unlocking the bootloader has been large enough for long enough that if it could be done without insider knowledge it would have been done already. And doing it with insider knowledge is revealing trade secrets, which gets the insider free room and board for a while.)
    04-22-2015 11:03 PM
    It's not the "new bootloader", it's that the phone is set to version 5. (There are "software fuses" and one of them is the minimum version that can run on that phone.

Keep checking the AT&T Samsung Galaxy S 5 - XDA Forums forums to see if anyone has come up with any solutions. (Downgrading to KitKat isn't going to be one of them. The prize money for unlocking the bootloader has been large enough for long enough that if it could be done without insider knowledge it would have been done already. And doing it with insider knowledge is revealing trade secrets, which gets the insider free room and board for a while.)
    Ahhh... How is it that Verizon S5 users on Lollipop were able to downgrade to KitKat, but AT&T users can't? Sorry, I'm pretty new to all of this stuff.
    04-23-2015 07:09 AM
    Ahhh... How is it that Verizon S5 users on Lollipop were able to downgrade to KitKat, but AT&T users can't? Sorry, I'm pretty new to all of this stuff.
    I'm trying to do the same any luck yet? I have att galaxy s5 that im trying to root. Thanks
    11-21-2015 02:20 PM